This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 7, 2018 at 2:11 pm #2013884

lauraF-13

Hi,

I am trying to translate the footer menu on my site so that it appears in Englisch language on the English site.

I don't understand how to do this!

What I found in the forum does not help me so far.

Thanks
Cathrin

hidden link

May 8, 2018 at 11:32 am #2029101

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

Form the screenshots that you attach I can see that the WP Menus Sync option (WPML -> WP Menus Sync) informs you that the following pages are not translated on your site.
- Impressum
- Datenschutz
And indeed when I try the following links where I expect to see the English translation of those pages, I get a 404 page not found.
hidden link
hidden link
Had those pages been translated the WP Menus Sync option would have automatically assigned those pages to the English language menu.
Is it correct that those pages are not translated?

Additionally, you would also need to translate the Footer menu items into English as you have done with the main menu of the site.
The following article from our documentation could help you in this case.
https://wpml.org/documentation/beginners-guide-to-site-translation/translating-menus/

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.

If you need more help from me on this issue and to ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Footer menu does not translate’ is closed to new replies.