This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 16, 2019 at 6:51 pm

florianV-6

The yellow text below should be German, not English! (see 1.jpg)
The original German text within Divi was located under Theme Customizer  Footer  Bottom Bar  Edit footer credits (see 2.jpg)
This was all German, now WPML has changed it automatically into English. This should not have happened. I had to change it all back into German!!! (see 3.jpg)
But in the string translation the German text is still shown as English, while the English text has no turned into German: (see 4.jpg)
Yet, the footer shows now German text on the translated English page as well as on the original German page: (see 5.jpg and 6.jpg)

WPML is doing crazy things. Please advise.

September 17, 2019 at 10:36 am #4587743

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Have you tried removing the footer string and it's translation -> Save the changes -> Make sure the text is removed from String Translation (delete the string from String Translation if necessary) and then adding it again?

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 19, 2019 at 7:33 am #4602001

florianV-6

I did as you said (deleted the string translation, and redid the whole thing) and it worked for a day, but now – again out of the blue – the German text is erased and overwritten with the English text, although the string translation still shows the correct German text (yellow) (see 9.jpg).

September 19, 2019 at 10:52 am #4603831

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I removed the string again and this time WPML fetched it in the wrong language, so I had to re-assign it to the correct language. Could you add the translation again and check if the issue disappeared?

Note: Please disable all Autoptimize plugins before doing the changes above.

Regards,
Carlos