This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Footer Uncode Theme

Solution:to translate your footer please do the following.

1. Go to Content Blocks and edit the default language (Spanish) footer 2. Use the language switcher at the top header to switch to English, ignore the warning and remain in the page builder view 3. Translate the English footer using the page builder , ex. i have added "Terms of Use" in the English footer

4. Make sure that the links you are adding to the footer exist and re link them with the correct language links . example: i created a translation to the Spanish terms of use page and added an English terms of use page

NOTE : there is no need to change anything within your theme options , even though its showing 3 footers , it is correct. You just need to add the transaltions through the page builder in the Content Blocks area.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexC-46 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 27, 2019 at 9:59 pm #4103033

alexC-46

I am trying to: translate the footer of my Uncode Theme

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The footer translate

Instead, I got: The footer doesn't translate

June 28, 2019 at 12:03 am #4103251

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

For the footer strings i suppose you add them through Uncode's Theme Options correct ?

if that is correct please follow the steps bellow :

1) Visit WPML>>String Translation 2) Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »" 3) Look for "uncode" option 4) Check the checkbox for your strings of interest. 5) Click on the button "Apply"(at the bottom of the page) 6) Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel and you can translate those strings

let me know your results please

June 28, 2019 at 8:22 am #4105485

alexC-46

Hello Bobby,

thanks for your help.

The strings are translated but in Uncode Options I have to select a combo box with an Content Block (attached image). When I translate the content block it replies to several content block, one for every language. So I only can select 1 content block.

And in the front no change the language in the footer when I select a diferent language.

Sorry for my english, is no so good 🙂

thanks,

June 28, 2019 at 6:27 pm #4109855

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

no problem 🙂 Please go to Appearance -> Widgets , are you able to see the "footer" widgets ? you might be able to translate it from within there.

if not , if possible i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

July 1, 2019 at 7:01 pm #4121921

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

to translate your footer please do the following.

1. Go to Content Blocks and edit the default language (Spanish) footer
2. Use the language switcher at the top header to switch to English, ignore the warning and remain in the page builder view
3. Translate the English footer using the page builder , ex. i have added "Terms of Use" in the English footer

4. Make sure that the links you are adding to the footer exist and re link them with the correct language links . example: i created a translation to the Spanish terms of use page and added an English terms of use page

NOTE : there is no need to change anything within your theme options , even though its showing 3 footers , it is correct. You just need to add the transaltions through the page builder in the Content Blocks area.

let me know your results please

July 2, 2019 at 8:02 am #4124845

alexC-46

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!