If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to translate the contents in the footer

Solution: Just use this feature: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/

This will be easier and convenient.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bjoernS-12 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 3:43 pm #4598343

bjoernS-12

I am trying to:

Translate the footer Widget text. The title was no problem. The text problem I tried to solve with other topics here in the support area. I found almost the same problem where the answer was to search for it in the admin texts. So I went to the admin texts and found the widget text. I bring it to the string translation area and translate it. But it doesn't work 🙁

What did I wrong ...can you help me?

Best regards.

Björn

PS.: It's about "Zur Belegungsübersicht" and "Buchen" ...thats the 2nd widget in the footer area.

September 19, 2019 at 4:26 am #4601227

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

So it's a widget in your footer, right?
Just use this feature: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/
This will be easier and convenient.

No need to translate.
One widget for a language and another widget for the another language.
Pretty easy.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 20, 2019 at 9:22 am #4610953

bjoernS-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!