Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by colinP 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 25, 2019 at 10:11 pm #4087325

colinP

I am trying to: Update the theme footer date. We are using Beaver Builder Page Builder and the footer information is located in the Customizer module. Attempts to save the Footer Layout do not result in these edits being visible in the Spanish view.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link - please see footer in both Spanish and English modes

I expected to see: The date update in the footer upon editing.

Instead, I got: We have attempted to use the Theme & Plugins Localization to correct this issue, but even after multiple attempts to rescan the theme strings, the footer does not update. We have also attempted to clear the site cache, browser cache, and the plugin cache, but no change has been observed.

June 26, 2019 at 8:19 am #4090415

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Have you tried looking for those strings using 'Translate texts in admin screens » and adding it to String Translation? If not, could you please try it? It could be that these strings are stored in the admin texts and needs to be translated.

Please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the string. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Please check our documentation about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 26, 2019 at 4:20 pm #4094045

colinP

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!