This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Amit 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Amit Kvint.

Author Posts
October 15, 2018 at 4:01 pm #2818209

Martin Težak

Every few days: (I fix it and then again somewhere else a similar problem occours)
2 years there are constantly some sort of problems always with wpml and I am always in fear will something not work. I do not need your help. I know how to fix them. But constantly unnecessary work.
And then I ask myself? (Invite your clients to register and get help directly from WPML team Running a multilingual site requires training and some support. WPML team is happy to help you with this. Invite your clients (the folks you're building sites for) to create free end-user accounts on wpml.org. We will create personalized instructions for them how to translate and we'll help them in their own support forum, only open to end-users ...)

Even us, who know at least a little bit are having difficulties solving problems caused by your wpml. Should our customers be bothered by this with your support? I dont think so! Customers are not interested in editing wpml.

Happy hour for today:
Warning: include(/home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/../../classes/utilities/class-wpml-deactivate-old-media-factory.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/../../classes/utilities/class-wpml-deactivate-old-media-factory.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear') in /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444

Warning: class_implements(): Class WPML_Deactivate_Old_Media_Factory does not exist and could not be loaded in /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 16

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 18

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 19

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 20

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 21

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Caldera_Forms_Render_Assets' not found in /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/caldera-forms/classes/admin.php:1163 Stack trace: #0 /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Caldera_Forms_Admin->enqueue_admin_stylescripts('index.php') #1 /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php(97): do_action('admin_enqueue_s...', 'index.php') #4 /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-admin/index.php(100): include('/home/accolymp/...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/accolymp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/caldera-forms/classes/admin.php on line 1163

Regards, Martin

October 17, 2018 at 7:03 am #2823418

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Thank you for your feedback. I am asking my management to respond to you as you bring up very valid points and questions about strategic direction and product satisfaction.

Please be patient while I find the right person for you to talk to.

October 17, 2018 at 8:15 am #2823726

Amit
Supporter

Hi there,

Amit here, I am the WPML support manager.

I have read your comment and have taken a good look at the errors you posted above, let me start by saying I am sorry to hear you are having repeated issues with WPML and I'll try and help.

The end-user support forum idea was to help our clients' clients with trivial 'how to translate' questions, and by no means is intended to replace the technical forum where we resolve real issues (might they be bugs or compatibility reports).

We thought that an agency cannot offer support to all of its clients with every setup issue they might encounter on every single plugin. I know from experience (I owned a web development agency before) that one of the most time-consuming tasks an agency has is to train the end-user on how to use and later maintain their site, it's true that it's also a way to produce an income but not everyone can offer or are interested in that.

Of course, you have a valid point - there's no help in an end-user forum if there are major issues with the plugin, but in order to help you with the actual issue and get to the bottom of it and fix them I will need more details from you so we can debug and figure out what's going on, we have a very talented team of supporters and developers and we all work daily to make sure our clients and products meet the highest possible standard.

So let me refer to the error messages you have posted above:

The two options that are probably the cause of those errors are either

1- Corrupt plugin file - that means that during the upload or install of the plugin some files could not be fetched and are missing now, the best approach to resolve this would be to reinstall the plugin from scratch through FTP or removing and installing through the WordPress dashboard

If that does not fix the issue then the other option (less common) would be

2 - A conflict with another composer autoloader or something else - in order to make sure what exactly is happening we will need to test what is going on on a minimal setup - WordPress default theme and only WPML plugins and then adding one by one any other plugin and finally the theme to see what's causing the conflict

Please let me know if that helped and your thoughts, in general, are welcome,

Have a nice day,
Amit