This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The layout of the translated pages looks different than the original.

Solution: The client said - "My issue is resolved now. Thank you! Did not mark the translation as complete. Doing so, made the pages the same."

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by adamB-42 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 6:43 am #3903099

adamB-42

I am trying to get my english and translated pages in sync. Using the advanced editor, I expected there would not be differences after reaching 100% complete.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (English and simplified chinese pages)

I expected to see: on the english page, the menus when selected drop down and background turns white and font is black (before this update, the menu items background color did not change and the font was white)

Instead, I got: The simplified chinese page menus drop down and turn white as expected, but the font color has remained white. (and cannot be seen)

I have updated theme and WPML but the issue persists.

May 28, 2019 at 8:15 am #3903929

adamB-42

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! Did not mark the translation as complete. Doing so, made the pages the same.