This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to translate the Formidable forms plugin

Solution: This is the documentation on how to use formidable forms with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-translate-formidable-forms-with-wpml/

According to the documentation (getting started section - https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-translate-formidable-forms-with-wpml/#getting-started), the "Formidable Multilingual " addon is required in order to make the plugin work with WPML. This plugin is not installed in the test installation.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrickO-2 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 11:09 pm #2829780

patrickO-2

I am trying to:
Redirect a new user to a page in Japanese after they confirm their registration bu clicking a link in the email, sent by Formidable Registration plugin.
I set the redirect link in the formidable forms settings, it is clearly in Japanese
see screenshot attached.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Japanese registration form: hidden link
Page where the user should be redirected: hidden link

I expected to see:
when I click the URL in teh email, i am redirected to the japanese page
hidden link

Instead, I got:
redirected to the english page:
hidden link

demo: hidden link

October 20, 2018 at 2:40 pm #2834307

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @patricko-2, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

This seems to be a compatibility issue. In this case we need to reproduce the issue on a clean install to isolate it and run some tests.

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install with WPML. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugin to this test install and setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options). Please note that we only need the plugin, the related functionality and some dummy content to reproduce the issue. You don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

All the best,
Diego

October 21, 2018 at 3:05 pm #2835644

patrickO-2

Hi, Diego

Thank you very much for your reply.

We tried to reproduce our set-up:

- added Japanese as second WPML language
- installed Formidable Pro and Formidable Registration plugins
- created forms and pages necessary forms in 2 languages
- set up the form settings the way they are set up in our site

The problem we are facing is that our issue since we are not receiving any emails from this test website.

I tried to register a few time using the hidden link service
and I tried once with one of my real email addresses.
I also tried to create a user from Dashboard > Users and send them a welcome / set-password email, but that one also did not arrive (note: i was waiting 6 mins max)

my concern is that the site URL looks like spam.

do you have any suggestions on what I could do to be able to receive the emails from this website?
Then I'll test to see whether the set up in this test site behaves the same was as in our site.

Thank you.

October 22, 2018 at 1:12 pm #2838180

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Thanks for reproducing the issue.

I think that the email sending port is blocked on this server, but it is possible to check the contents of the emails through the email log. For this, go to Email log > View logs. It will list all emails sent. You can click on "View Content" to see the content.

Please let us know if it's possible to reproduce the issue this way and what are the steps to reproduce it.

Regards,
Diego

October 22, 2018 at 1:53 pm #2838316

patrickO-2

Hi, Diego

thank you, we were able to test using the Email log.

this install behaves in the same way as our site:

even though the Japanese registration form is supposed to redirect to the Japanese "registration complete" page, it redirects to the english "registration complete" page.

also, though I saw Formidable forms in the list of WPML-compatible plugins, whenever there is menu to select a page in Formidable forms settings, the list shows english and japanese pages together. maybe it's also related to our issue?

October 23, 2018 at 1:00 pm #2842426

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks! This is the documentation on how to use formidable forms with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-translate-formidable-forms-with-wpml/

According to the documentation (getting started section - https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-translate-formidable-forms-with-wpml/#getting-started), the "Formidable Multilingual " addon is required in order to make the plugin work with WPML. This plugin is not installed in the test installation.

Could you please check this? Please also check if you followed all steps described in the documentation.

Kind Regards,
Diego

October 23, 2018 at 8:08 pm #2844024

patrickO-2

Thank you very much!

We bought the formidable multilingual plugin, updated all WPML and all Formidable plugins, and it resolved the issue.

I have a few comments though:

It is possible to use String Translation on most Formidable emails and form messages even without the Multilingual plugin, therefore we were not aware of us having to install it.

The article describing how to "translate emails" suggests to send 2 different emails depending on the value in a hidden field, but it is redundant -- it is easier to simply have 2 forms with 2 different IDs.

The only thing that cannot be done without the Multilingual plugin, and that is not mentioned anywhere (not on the WPML website, not on the Formidable website, and Formidable support agent even told us that was completely impossible), is that Formidable cannot distinguish well between languages in automatically generated emails and URLs.

So I feel that overall the information about how to localize Formidable could be much more clear.