This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danielF-60 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 6:49 am

danielF-60

Problem: page "topics started" from bbpress is forwarded to forum homepage.
First of all, I changed theme, then I deactivated all plugins in order to find out which plugin is the reason for this behaviour. After activating WPML Multilingual CMS, it doesn't show the topics created from bbpress anymore.
Did I configure something wrong or why this behaviour?

July 2, 2019 at 7:29 am #4124693

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi There,

I will help you with your issue.

Reading your request it seems the forum posts created before WPML activation is missing maybe the posts are missing language information. Please Follow the below steps

- Backup your site and database
- Goto WPML > Support > Troubleshooting (refer screenshot)
- In the troubleshooting page click on the following buttons
- Clear cache with WPML
- Set langauge information
- Recreate ST DB cache

I hope this helps you resolve the issue, let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards
Raja

July 2, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4128279

danielF-60

Hello there

I did like described...nothing changed, same problem!

What I do next?

Thanks for your support.

July 3, 2019 at 5:50 am #4131891

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Your site is access restricted, please share the access to your site. check the attached screenshot. The details you shared earlier is for the site wp-admin access which is different than the access restriction.

Kind regards
Raja

July 3, 2019 at 8:46 am
July 3, 2019 at 12:43 pm #4136489

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

I am trying to get this straight, The Forums are working fine without any issue by default WPML allows adding translation to the Forums but the topics and replies are not translated which is not a common case.

Getting back to the issue you have stated Forum topics disappears when WPML is active, However, I am able to see all the topics without any issue. Maybe I am missing something here Can you please give some more information about the issue, Simple steps to reproduce the issue would be of great help.

I have attached the screenshot of the forum topics, let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

July 3, 2019 at 1:14 pm #4136709

danielF-60

The replies I wrote in the topics I can see (yellow marked) but when I try to see all topics I created/started I see an empty page (red marked)

July 4, 2019 at 9:45 am #4142051

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I'm trying to reproduce the issue using the credential provided, However, I am getting logged out whenever I access the Personal or the mentions section in the user profile. Can you please check what could be the issue there ?

If the topics are not displayed, It would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Kind regards
Raja

July 8, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4162205

danielF-60

Hello

I had an issue with a access plugin. now you can login and everything works fine. i activated the wp debug log but there is no entry yet.

July 8, 2019 at 12:08 pm #4162223

danielF-60

i mean, you can now test again, the issue with wpml occurs like before. thanks for your support!

July 9, 2019 at 10:50 am #4169739

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I am able to access your site,

The issue needs to be debugged further, I would like to request you to provide snapshot (copy) of your site, this will enable me to debug the issue without disturbing the site on my local environment.

You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details

kind regards
Raja

July 9, 2019 at 11:31 am #4170237

danielF-60

Please install and take the copy yourself. All the other supporters do it also this way, is this ok?

July 9, 2019 at 1:06 pm #4170965

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Sure that's not an issue, I will proceed with duplicator package.

kind regards
Raja

July 10, 2019 at 9:13 am #4177599

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your patience,

I am able to resolve the issue with the bbpress forum in my local setup, the url for topics started is redirected to forums slug, However, the forums root is given as "community" in the Settings > Forum >Forum root. (check the attahced screenshot )

Please follow the solutions
- Disable loco translate, This will conflict with the String translation
- Make sure the page with url community is created and accessible
- Clear cache , Goto WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and click "Clear cache with WPML "
- Goto Settings > Forum > Forum root, Change the text to Forums , Save and change the Forum root text again to Community and save again
- Goto Settings > Permalinks, Save the permalinks structure

This solves the issue in my local setup.

Please note the screenshot you share is for the BuddyPress which is not related to the forum topics. I hope that is understandable.

Please let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

August 12, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4381763

danielF-60

I have not resolved this ticket.

your answer did not corresponce to my issue.

when i navigate to the page FORUMS it shows a blank page instead of the forums I'm interactinv with. It should show the same page like here:hidden link