Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
March 5, 2019 at 9:51 pm #3276233

brendaB

I am trying to: In menu area, French menu mixed with some English and Menu levels not working

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link menu area

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

March 7, 2019 at 8:46 am #3282935

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Our apologie for the late reply.

From what i gathered so far, the english items in the menu are related to two custom taxonomies(tw_document_category and tw_client_category). According to the debug informations, both taxonomies are translatable.
So my guess is either, their terms are not yet translated, or that the menu was not updated after translating those taxonomies and their terms.

To translate taxonomy terms, please go to WPML->Taxonomy Translation. Choose the taxonomy and complete the terms translation.

To update the menu, go to WPML->WP Menus Sync. And complete the menu sync, see this article about menus.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any doubts.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 7, 2019 at 4:16 pm #3285717

brendaB

Hi Jamal,

I have translated the taxonomy terms and sync the menus, still no luck. As I can see the menu hierarchy is not correct, also some English items are pulled into the french menu.

I attached a screenshot to show you how the french menu looks right now, (here is a showcase for the issue: hidden link) and you can go to hidden link to see how it should be if you need.

March 8, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3293028

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Would allow me temporary access to your staging site to investigate this further ?
Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 9, 2019 at 10:30 am #3297760

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the access. I have tried to sync the menu but it does not get synced correctly, so i edited manually the french menu to reflect what is needed.
The changes are not visible in the frontend. This is probably caused by a cache system that is still caching the old menu.
Would you like to ask WPEngine to purge any cache for your staging website?

For the other issues you have mentioned, i will be posting about that too in another ticket. As per our support rules, we are only allowed to handle one issue at a time.

Please let me know if there are any caching system, and if purging the cache resolves the french menu issue.

Looking forward to you reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 9, 2019 at 12:42 pm #3298120

brendaB

Hi Hamal,

I tried clear the cache at first place when this issue happened, but it doesn’t help at all. I cleared both the server cache and browser cache every time.

you can clear WPEngine cache from WordPress admin area.
You need to click on the WPEngine menu item in the admin bar and then under ‘General’ settings click on purge all caches button.

Also for the other 2 issue, the reason I put them here is because I have feeling they are caused by the same issue, what do you think?

Thank you

March 9, 2019 at 2:42 pm #3298454

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Consulting internally, it seems that the menu items of type (Post Type Archive) does not get synced through WPML. Our developers already know this issue and they have it added to their queue. No estimated date for this feature is scheduled for the moment.

As a workaround, i removed the menu item "Resources" and changed it with a custom link menu item pointing to the Documents archive page (/resources). Updated the menu manually.
Then i removed the french menu and recreated it through WPML->WP Menus Sync.
I translated (Resources) and the link (/resources) in WPML->String Translation to (Documents) and (/fr/documents) and this resolves the issue for this menu item.

There are still one menu items of the type "Post Type Archive" (Contact-us) that needs to be updated too.

Unfortunately i have altered translation for the page "Safe-Keeping your Assets", you will need to update this too.

I hope this answers your requests about the menu issue. Let me know if you still need assistance with it.
For the others issues, pease provide as much details as possible in a way like:
1. I go to xxx
2. I do xxx
3. I expect to have xxx
4. Instead i get xxx

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support