This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidF-64 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 3, 2019 at 1:55 pm #3526825

davidF-64

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link

We are using Uncode Theme because this is a certified theme to use with WPML. We followed the instruction for post translation to use Transtable and the issue is still occurring. We're expecting the French posts to use the same header as set in the theme options with the translated text over the same background image.
Also, the translated text seems to be appearing 3 times on the French page, any help with that would be appreciated as well, which I am assuming are both related.

Thank you,

April 3, 2019 at 5:00 pm #3529099

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Hope you are following this documentation - https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/build-multilingual-wordpress-websites-using-uncode-theme-and-wpml/

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 3, 2019 at 6:47 pm #3529907

davidF-64

Hi Bigul,

Yes, I did follow the information in the link you provided at first and that did not change the outcome of the French pages using this theme.
I've included the debug information as requested.
Please advise how to proceed next in order to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Mario

April 4, 2019 at 4:49 am #3532067

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Mario,

Thank you for the updates. We have released a new version of WPML(4.2.5) yesterday. Please upgrade to the latest version after a full site backup. Then update the Homepage and its translation(just resave to refresh the translation settings) and make sure the bug is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 4, 2019 at 4:14 pm #3536915

davidF-64

Thanks for the newer version Bigul. Unfortunately, this was not related to a specific version but more documentation related and very time consuming to figure out what needs to be done to effectively translate pages. Lucky for you this is more of an Uncode issue and not WPML.