This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
September 26, 2019 at 8:33 pm #4650221

EmileB-2

I am trying to:
Make sure the language is properly setup each time I land on a French page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
(or any french page)

I expected to see:
Site title, description, footer and all available translated strings in French on French pages.

Instead, I got:
Sometimes everything is ok and then I change page, reload or click on a link and all strings are in English.
See the 2 screenshots of the header for the same page.

I have used WPML on a lot of projects and never encountered this issue and I'm quite stuck trying to figure it out.

September 27, 2019 at 7:32 am #4652017

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I request you to update the WP Memory Limit to at least 128MB which is the minimum requirement for WPML: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

Also, I request you to update WPML & the add-on plugins to the latest version.

If the issue is still there after performing the above 2 steps I request you to check in a minimal installation by disabling all plugins that are unrelated to WPML and switch to one of the default themes e.g. Twenty Fifteen, Do you see the same issue?
This is for checking whether the issue is caused due to any conflicts with other plugins.

Also if you have enabled Browser language redirect, I request you to temporarily disable the same by navigating to WPML->Languages->Browser language redirect.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Rohan