Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zolM 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
November 11, 2019 at 7:05 pm #4927615

zolM

I am trying to: translate the front page to English

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: English translation

Instead, I got: a redirect to a page hidden link

What can I do to make sure when I click on English flag is not redirected to a specific page, I want it to be the front page. Thanks

November 12, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4932233

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Could you please provide me with your WPML Debug Info? https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/ This will help me to identify your used plugin versions.

Best Marcel

November 12, 2019 at 5:44 pm #4933913

zolM

here is the debug

November 13, 2019 at 8:58 am #4936519

Marcel
Supporter

Thanks for the Debug Info. I would eventually also need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

Best Marcel

November 14, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4947895

Marcel
Supporter

Thanks for the access.

Your issue is not WPML relevant. You created in YOAST SEO a 301 Redirect for your /en URL endpoint.

Please remove it here: hidden link

Best Marcel

November 14, 2019 at 6:01 pm #4949397

zolM

Thanks, I will do that. Also I have the most important question, ever since I have tried to translate to English or French, my websites traffic went down significantly. From a few thousand visitors and this is hurting my business. Has anyone experienced this before with WPML? never had any issue when my site was just Spanish

November 15, 2019 at 8:47 am #4951979

Marcel
Supporter

You're welcome!

Please create a new ticket for this new question, as we can handle only one issue in each topic. Thanks for understanding.

Best Marcel

November 17, 2019 at 8:47 pm #4961097

zolM

Hi Marcel,

You mentioned "Your issue is not WPML relevant. You created in YOAST SEO a 301 Redirect for your /en URL endpoint.

Please remove it here: hidden link"

When I am in the redirects page I don't see what you mentioned. The thing is I never did any redirects

November 17, 2019 at 9:32 pm #4961185

zolM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!