This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 12:47 pm #4416135

olavB

I am trying to: open my site in spanish ad english language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The website in choosen language

Instead, I got: Nothing. Or first I got the front page in a different layout, with some modules missing. I checked the error log, and found that Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded. Increased this to max_execution_time=1200. Now the site does not load in these languages at all.
I use the Divi theme, and both the theme and other components are up to date.

August 20, 2019 at 7:47 am #4421111

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Could you please share the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).
Please check this page for instructions: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion)

Thanks,
Rohan

August 20, 2019 at 8:28 am #4421579

olavB

Hello. I don't want to register on Pastebin, and the log isn't so long, so I paste it here:

[20-Aug-2019 08:11:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/0/235477/www/wp-includes/shortcodes.php on line 298
[20-Aug-2019 08:13:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/0/235477/www/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/module/settings/Migration.php on line 71
[20-Aug-2019 08:14:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/0/235477/www/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/module/settings/Migration.php on line 71

I also created a error log yesterday, and together with my webhost we increased the execution time to 120, without that having any effect. Same things happened, only slower. 😉

The problem comes when I am on the websites front page, and change language to english or spanish. In German it works perfect. And Also if I'm in another page, and change to English and Spanish, everything's ok. It's just the front page.

I assume it is a conflict between the Divi builder and WPML, so I have also contacted the Divi team. If I build a frontpage without using the Divi builder, everything is OK.

The website is open, so if you want, you can check yourself.

August 20, 2019 at 11:23 am #4423143

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the debug.log
As you can see that the error is pointing to files from the Divi Theme.
It seems there are some issues with the English & Spanish translated pages.
Please let me know once you have received a reply from the Divi Team.

Thanks,
Rohan

The topic ‘[Closed] Front page not loading in some languages’ is closed to new replies.