This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 11:56 am #4162139

jesperH-9

Hi,

I am trying to have different languages on different domains, where the .dk domain is the main domain, and the .fi domain is the new one that should show translations. So far it works for all URL's besides the front page. For instance domain.fi/shop do not redirect, but shows the finnish translations. But the home page domain.fi/ redirects to domain.dk.

Do you know how I can solve this issue, so that domain.fi just shows the translations and do not redirect?

Best Regards,
Jesper

July 8, 2019 at 9:22 pm #4165841

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Jesper,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

In this case I would like to recommend you to set the home and site URLs of the site following the steps described in this link: hidden link

Also, I recommend you to visit our official documentation on this subject:
- https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 27, 2019 at 8:15 am #4463589

jesperH-9

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to look at the Hostpapa link and WPML official documentation, and it seems like we are doing it correctly. But the .fi domain still redirects to the .dk domain for the front page.

We suspect that it might have something to do with the .htcacess which points to the hosts at our .dk domain through the plugins WP Fastest Cache and Really Simple SSL. Do you have any suggestions for how to solve this?

Best regards,
Jesper

August 27, 2019 at 8:56 am #4463973

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Jesper,

If you deactivate WP Fastest Cache and Really Simple SSL plugins and remove -temporarily- the code from the .htaccess file, does the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos