Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by isabel-margaritaH 2 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
November 11, 2018 at 10:44 am #2896476

isabel-margaritaH

Hola, ¿Cómo están?
He instalado el plugin y todos sus componentes.
He configurado idioma base Español e Inglés segundo idioma.
Estoy traduciendo a inglés en estos momentos las páginas (la configuración necesaria está bien- digo yo)
Luego, de terminar el inglés... voy con el portugués y francés y chino.

Pero, tengo serias dudas con el Theme. No me da la opción el Theme de traducir o seleccionar idiomas para: Front Page y otras cosas desde 'Personalizar'

Lo compré hace un par de meses y decía que si se podía ocupar WPML... pero no sé como

¿Saben Uds?

Atte,

November 13, 2018 at 1:09 pm #2902711

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. Since this ticket was submitted on the English support forum, we will continue here in English. If you prefer to be transferred to a Spanish speaking supporter, just let me know and I can transfer this ticket.

If I understand correctly, you are trying to translate strings in your theme options or in the Appearance -> Customize section. Is this correct?

If so, these strings are usually saved in the admin texts section. To find these strings, please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the strings. They should be under a section named something like "theme_mods_[yourthemename]. Once you locate them, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add the strings to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

If you are unable to add the strings, please try increasing your WP Memory and your MaxInputVars.
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

To increase your Max Input Var, try adding this line to your .htaccess file:

php_value max_input_vars 20000

or by following these steps:
1. Connect to your site via FTP or File Manager
2. Navigate to wp-admin folder
3. Create a file inside wp-admin folder called php.ini
4. Add in this line: max_input_vars = 20000
5. Save

If you don't have access to these files, please ask your hosting provider to do this for you.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

November 14, 2018 at 12:01 pm #2906174

isabel-margaritaH

Hi Lauren,

My mistake, I didn't realize I made support question on english section.
Think I can understand really well and is good for my brain too 🙂

Regarding my questions,
- Yes, I tried to change Theme Appearence - Customization.
- I'm going to check what you said about WPML String Translation.
- I increased memory on php files = public.html files (not sure at this moment on route name) think is ok.

This evenning I'm gonna check all this and let you know,

Best,

November 14, 2018 at 2:31 pm #2906779

Lauren
Supporter

Sounds great, let me know if you are able to locate the strings in the admin texts. Thanks for the update.

November 16, 2018 at 10:30 am #2913110

isabel-margaritaH

Hi Lauren,

I'm doing like this:
- When to WPML down to "Traducciòn de Cadenas" or String Translate
- Then Select at the bottom below the thing to add string to translate.
- I'm selecting the theme, woocommerce plugin and others that web visitors is going to see. and translate the string. Thinking that when there is something in ´{[ must to keep that.
- Not problem if I do not translate plugin that are using in admin (for me only)

I'm sending some images since 0 to 4 with steps of why I'm doing.
Meanwhile, I have english language hide for web site visitors.

One question, Can I delete Loco Translate? I think not going to use now, so is deactivated... but Can I delete it?

Best

November 16, 2018 at 3:20 pm #2914177

Lauren
Supporter

Can you tell me specifically which content you are trying to translate? Once the strings are added, they will not be under the theme domain, they will be under their own admin_texts domain. It could be that once you click Apply they are not being added due to the need to increase Max Input Vars.

If you can tell me which strings you are trying to translate, I will be happy to login and take a look and see if I can get them added to string translation.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

November 16, 2018 at 5:01 pm #2914403

isabel-margaritaH

Hi Laurent,

I'm traslating all themes content... meaning all travel-agency-pro strings
I'm doing by myself.
Many of the string are in English, some say English but are in Spanish .... so, I'm changing language.
I'm going to see what happen once or after I translated all this

November 16, 2018 at 10:11 pm #2914866

Lauren
Supporter

Okay, if you need assistance finding any strings in particular, please let me know which ones and I will be happy to help. I will just need credentials to your site. If you would like to send me access, just let me know and I will mark a reply as private for you when needed. Thanks!

November 17, 2018 at 12:11 am #2914996

isabel-margaritaH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!