This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Showing backend language in a language and the frontend in another language.

Solution: You can change your backend language from Users>Your Profile Language : http://take.ms/53UuZ

This select field will specify the language used for your backend. Please note that this will be only applied for your user. If you want to browse your backend in a different language with a different user, you'll need to edit his profile to specify it. Otherwise the backend will be displayed in the language you used to install WordPress.

And for your front end language you can change / select it here : WPML > Languages > Site Languages > change default language : http://take.ms/sJXKh

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ashish-singhP 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 5, 2018 at 4:25 am #2789553

ashish-singhP

I want to change the default frontend language to "Chinese" and keep the backend language in "English" language.

How to do it?

Thanks

October 5, 2018 at 10:16 am #2790328

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! ?

You can change your backend language from Users>Your Profile Language : hidden link

This select field will specify the language used for your backend. Please note that this will be only applied for your user.
If you want to browse your backend in a different language with a different user, you'll need to edit his profile to specify it.
Otherwise the backend will be displayed in the language you used to install WordPress.

And for your front end language you can change / select it here : WPML > Languages > Site Languages > change default language : hidden link

Hope, this will help you.

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

October 5, 2018 at 10:36 am #2790406

ashish-singhP

The changes are done and it is working good.

But the "Language Switcher" on the right side of "Menu" is not visible now after changing the default frontend language.

How to get the "Language Switcher" visible?

Now I am working on the "Live" site. Its url is hidden link

I got it working. I had to add new "Language Switcher"

Thanks for the help.

October 5, 2018 at 10:40 am #2790409

ashish-singhP

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!