This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 11:09 pm #3879805

spidercat

I am trying to: use Uncode galleries in second language post

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:It can't since it'sa backend problem

I expected to see: the uncode galleries translated availabel in second language

Instead, I got: nothing

I created Uncode galleries and translated them but when I try to use them in my second language version of the website they're not visible. I also tried creating two different versions on the default language but still, when I'm trying to use them in my english version I can't see them. I get nothing and wordpress just tells me to upload something.

If I just duplicate the page, and then translate just the text, as I did here:
(Italian version) hidden link
(english version) hidden link
As you can see the description and the captions in the lightbox are not translated and stays in Italian even if there's a translated version of the gallery of course with the titles and captions translated.

How can I solve the problem?

May 24, 2019 at 10:35 am #3883579

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Please update the WPML plugin to the latest version, it seems you are using an older version of WPML plugin. Please secure a backup of your site and database before proceeding with the update.

Update the original post and check if you can translate the gallery description, If not please share temporary access to the site I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

May 27, 2019 at 3:14 am #3893223

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

I am unable to reproduce the issue in your site. I tried the below steps,

Galleries -> Edit Gallery, Select translation, navigate to media selection I can see the translated media files.

I am not sure where the gallery is exactly not displaying the translated media. Could you please help me with the steps.

Please note the portfolio URL hidden link which you shared earlier is returning 404 error.

Kind regards
Raja

May 27, 2019 at 10:47 am #3896163

spidercat

Hi Raja,

that 404 error was a problem with all the portfolio submenus because I was working and I set up the same name for other items on the backend.

Now you can see the page.
The problem is on that page
hidden link
and also at hidden link

As I told you I can't see the galleries when I'm in the English version, and when I'm in the Italian version I see all the 18 galleries (eng and ita).

If I pot a gallery in the Italian version and then I duplicate the page the english version doesn't change accordingly and titles and descriptions stay in Italian.

I hope the problem can be solved soon

Thanks for your assistance

May 28, 2019 at 6:07 am #3902973

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

I can confirm the issue this seems to be related to an already known issue, Please paste the below code in the child theme functions.php file at the very beginning of the file. This will enable you to choose the gallery based on language.

Secure a backup of your site before proceeding with the steps

function ot_get_media_post_ID() {

if ( current_filter() == 'media_view_settings' ){
		return 0;
	}

// Option ID
	$option_id = 'ot_media_post_ID';

// Get the media post ID
	$post_ID = get_option( $option_id, false );

// Add $post_ID to the DB
	if ( $post_ID === false || empty( $post_ID ) ) {
		global $wpdb;

// Get the media post ID
		$post_ID = $wpdb->get_var( "SELECT ID FROM $wpdb->posts WHERE `post_title` = 'Media' AND `post_type` = 'option-tree' AND `post_status` = 'private'" );

// Add to the DB
		if ( $post_ID !== null )
			update_option( $option_id, $post_ID );

}

return $post_ID;

}

Please let me know the results,

Kind regards
Raja

May 28, 2019 at 11:34 pm #3910507

spidercat

Hi Raja,

I did it but it doesn't work.

May 30, 2019 at 4:05 am #3920301

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Raja is not available today, so I am taking care of this ticket, hope that is ok. 🙂

I checked the issue on the following pages:

hidden link
hidden link

- TELE Gallery and its translation

and couldn't reproduce the issue at all, so could you please check if the issue still exists?

Let me know how that goes! If it’s still not working for you, may I request you to attach a few screenshots showing each step you are following, so I can give a try to reproduce the issue on my end?

Thanks

May 30, 2019 at 3:35 pm #3924291

spidercat

Hi Shekhar,

Yes, the problem is still there.

The issue is pretty simple.
I created a few uncode galleries, I created the translated version.
I put the needed galleries in my page
hidden link
but when I wanted to put the translated version of the gallery in
hidden link
the galleries doesn't show up.

In the Italian version I can see all the galleries but none in the English version.

The I just duplicated the page for the english version and left there the galleries hoping that wpml did the trick, instead I have the Italian description and names in the english version.

Until now no solution at all. I tried also deactivating all the non needed plugins but still nothing changed.

I tried to upload images but it seems there are some problems right now with uploading since they stop and it's strange since I'm able to upload images everywhere :/

May 30, 2019 at 11:49 pm #3926573

spidercat

I was finally able to upload the images to show you the situation

May 31, 2019 at 8:37 am #3928535

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

It looks like a compatibility issue with the theme. To debug compatibility issue quickly, it will be best to test the issue on a fresh new Installation, being so I would need your little help to pinpoint the issue further.

I have created a fresh new WordPress Installed test site here, hidden link you can click on the link to login.

Could you please use the same settings there and see if you can replicate the issue? Please don't use personal information on the site as it's a test site, I recommend using some dummy data.

This will help us to figure out if this is actually a compatibility issue or a site-specific issue.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 31, 2019 at 4:55 pm #3932237

spidercat

Hi Shekhar,

I set up the situation on the test website.

So I duplicated the page and then clicked on translate separately.
When I select the media gallery it shows me the current gallery as it is translated but it's not and if I select gallery from the drop down menu stangely I see two items of the Italian version of the gallery.

So in my website I don't see any gallery and here i can see the italian version (on the english version).

Whatever it is I think there's a problem there with the plugin :/

June 1, 2019 at 1:09 pm #3935151

spidercat

I have a further question about the test site you set up.
Should I also install the plugins I'm using on my website so that you can verify all the possible conflicts?

June 3, 2019 at 8:31 am #3940117

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Should I also install the plugins I'm using on my website so that you can verify all the possible conflicts?

No, it's not needed.

I created a new gallery and added in the page and noticed that the gallery title is not showing properly, except that I couldn't find any difference, so could you please let me know if that's the only problem you are able to find if you have anything else, could you please elaborate?

Thanks

June 3, 2019 at 8:53 am #3940375

spidercat

Hello,

1 - It doesn't translate the title and it doesn't translate the title and caption either in the lightbox.

2 - On my website when I try to add the english version of the gallery, on the english page, I can't see any of the galleries. The same problem is happening to your demo. When you use the dropdown menu and select "gallery" you will see just the latest gallery you created but not the others.

Please see the attached image.

having the chance to open a gallery from a single image is a great feature. It's too bad your plugin is still unable to manage that feature, and It's really frustrating, if not exhausting having to repeat what's the problem over and over and over again.

I'm looking forward to hearing some good news

June 3, 2019 at 10:56 am #3941723

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am sorry for the trouble.

I was debugging the issue and the site is not responding well, so I have to create a different test site, I downloaded the Unicode theme from your ftp, but it requires a license key to activate the visual composer so could you please create one license key for me.

Thanks