This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidR-115 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 7:02 am

davidR-115

Hi.

We are experiencing a strange problem with a PODS field of gallery images. When we create the translation of the Post type "Productos" it copies all content except the Image Gallery field.

I tried different forum entries that seem to be a similar problem but non of the solutions worked for me.

The site is protected by password because it's still in development. To visualize the site use user: ofimatic
password: cornella

An example is this product:
hidden link
hidden link

as you can see in the Spanish version the images are not there.

We tried to delete the spanish version and create it again. Also copying media from origina, etc. But nothing works.

Please we're about to open this site for our customer but this is stoping us. We appreciate if you can help us as soon as possible.

Thanks

David.

July 5, 2019 at 8:20 am #4149005

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Could you please have a look at this thread?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/images-from-media-gallery-not-showing-in-all-languages/

Let me know if this is the exact same issue - this is the only ticket I was able to find in our archives and it has been escalated to our compatibility team. There has been no solution yet for issue, but this is what compatibility team suggested as a possible workaround:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/images-from-media-gallery-not-showing-in-all-languages/page/2/#post-4078333

As for the issue itself, here are some details from our compatibility team when they think the issue is coming from:

""""""""""""""""""""""""
As far as I can see, the image IDs are properly copied to the secondary language post when duplicating the post or "Overwrite with [original language] content" ("Copy from" won't work as it does not copy the custom fields)

But the IDs copied are the original language IDs.
""""""""""""""""""""""""

This is why they are suggesting the above workaround, which may take some time to get implemented and test.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 9, 2019 at 7:58 am #4168301

davidR-115

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!