This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dorian 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 15, 2018 at 7:32 pm #2818593

Dorian

On hidden link ans it's german translation hidden link a gallery is used.

Both use an identical sorting, but the german version hidden link shows the first image at the end of the slider.
At the same time, resorting images in the german version didn't seem to have an effect at all.

Please advise.

Regards
Dorian

October 17, 2018 at 7:39 am #2823527

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I would have to take a closer look at which shortcode or theme/plugin function is actually creating the slider to give a complete response.

However, what you can do is see if the object-id ordering of the images is the same for both languages. Although the images might have the same URl and title in both languages, the wordpress object-ids will be unique.

It **might** be that the object ids for the translated images are in reverse order when sorted by their worpdress object-id.

Again I would have to check your site to know for certain. It coudl also be an incompatiblity betwen the logic that is doing the sorting of the slides and WPML. For this, please do the following:

1. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. ARI Adminer
Please install and activate this plugin.

Thanks

October 19, 2018 at 4:13 pm #2832646

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

The gallery custom field was set to have translation option of "do not translate" so it had the attachment-ids of the EN images.

I changed these to have the attachment-ids of the DE corresponding images, and now the order is correct.

Can you check that this is now resolved?

October 31, 2018 at 10:05 am #2865147

Dorian

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!