This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.63 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 4:37 am #3730825

Martin Davis

For galleries: The duplicate contains the featured image from original but not the uploaded media from original. Both check boxes were checked before performing the duplication.

Best regards

Martin Davis

May 3, 2019 at 8:39 am #3732243

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

This seems to be a compatibility issue with your theme and WPML media. Could you please try to deactivate WPML Media plugin and check if the issue is resolved?

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 3, 2019 at 11:08 am #3733605
Martin Davis

Hi Dennis,

I deactivated the WPML Media plugin and now all the images are copied.

The duplicate contains the images, the decorative image and the featured image.

But I've still got a problem which might need a new ticket.

I've added a screenshot of the backend of the gallery "original and 10 by 15" which is the first of 153 galleries. (I had to reduce the size because the attachment size exceeds the allowable limit of 1MB; a bit annoying.)

You'll see at the top that there's the definition for a button to return to the calling page. This uses a href in an "a" tag. Value: ../../other-portfolios/agilux-agifold/ . But of course I can't use a language qualifier so this will return to the page in the original language (English). How can I avoid this? This must be a common problem for which there must be a solution.

Best regards

Martin

New threads created by Dennis and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-hardcoded-links-from-gallery-posts/

May 6, 2019 at 7:57 am #3745655

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have created a new ticket to cover your new question. I'll check it in a few moment and will post my reply there.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis