This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 17, 2019 at 10:12 am

simonB-59

Hello,

After I installed WPML media, some of my ACF field from gallery_book are blanked in the backend.

They still work at the frontpage, but I cant see the images in my backend.

The reason I installed WPML media were, that the translated order of images was wrong, at I couldn't reorder them.

Regards,
Simon

April 17, 2019 at 10:53 am
April 17, 2019 at 2:15 pm #3631839

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I need some additional information Please let me know if the issue is happening with new entries,

If it is happening to specific posts try deleting the German translation of "Karoline Leth" and add the translation again in German. It seems like the issue is stuck somewhere.

Please let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

April 20, 2019 at 8:46 pm #3650751

simonB-59

This issue have happened to random older posts and new posts are not affected.

Unfortunately a solutions would be to rebuild the “books” and stuck is as I understand it fixable?

April 22, 2019 at 6:18 am #3654007

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

HI there,

Try rebuilding the Karoline Keth page in German translation, let me know if that helps.

I have also check field group is set to translate in WPML > Settings > Custom field translation, Check if the issue persists if you change the translation setting to Don't translate for field group.

Recommended: please secure a backup of your site

Please let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

April 23, 2019 at 7:03 am #3659849

simonB-59

That worked but that's not really possible beacuse we will have to go through all 3000 posts and check if the front end matches the backend. what is the reason for the images not beeing displayed in the backend?

April 23, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3664529

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Thanks for trying the steps, Seems like there is a disconnected translation of customs posts.

If you are sure there are a number of posts with a similar issue, Please share the URL where I can reproduce the issue again, I can check this with our second tier of supporters.

We have also released the latest version of WPML plugin Please try to update to the latest version of WPML 4.2.6, check if you can reproduce the issue again.

Please let me know the results

Kind regards
Raja

April 23, 2019 at 4:26 pm #3666157

simonB-59

updated the plugins and hidden link still dosen't show images in the backend but in the front end the post does 🙂

April 23, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3666309

simonB-59

here there are 2 images and the rest is hidden, maybe you can find out why thoese are shown
hidden link

April 24, 2019 at 6:40 am #3669551

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I think its good to migrate the site to our private server for a detailed look. I will send the details about migration in next my private reply.

Kind regards
Raja

April 24, 2019 at 6:45 am
April 30, 2019 at 10:00 am #3710225

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I have encountered a similar issue with another client today, after resolving the issue your ticket struck in my mind, Please try the below workaround

You might need to add a minor modification in the ACFML plugin file, Please let me know if you can handle it by yourself or you need any assistance in this case.

Opent the file "class-wpml-acf-attachments.ph" using FTP located in the path \wp-contet\plugin\acfml\classes\class-wpml-acf-attachments.php

Around line 13 change the code below

if ( is_serialized($value) ) {

to

if ( is_serialized($value) || is_array($value) ) {
 

The workaround resolved the issue for another client, I hope this would solve the issue for you as well.

Please let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja