This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
September 24, 2018 at 11:10 am

Markus

Hi,

Got a problem with a multi language site (german default and english)...

I am trying to:
Presenting a gallery using Ess. Grid to create a grid view of all portfolio entries with the filter functionality.
For the german version it is working quite well (grid is show, link goes to the portfolio page with the images inside). If I do the same for the english language, the portfolio page for the selected grid is not shown (white space).
I even duplicated the portfolio entry with the corresponding media files...

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (-> working)
hidden link (-> not working)

I expected to see:
Same behaviour for the english version as for the german.
Is it not possible to have only one slug for the portfolios for all languages? This would make sense in my case.

Instead, I got:
White space instead of images

Would be great to get a solution as the portfolio posts are also used coming from another subpage .

Thx for your help,
Markus

PS: if possible, pls do not deactivate plugins as I would have to reinstall the DB (we have to finish other topics too)

September 25, 2018 at 3:48 pm #2764607

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @markus, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

This appears to be a compatibility issue. The plugin is not listed in our list of compatible plugins: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=Essential+Grid&wpv_filter_submit=Search

In this case we need to isolate the problem in a clean installation to do some testing, and if necessary, send it to our compatibility team.

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugin to this test install and setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options). Please note that we only need the plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

Please create some dummy content to test if the same issue occurs on this test website.

All the best,
Diego

October 3, 2018 at 11:24 am #2784339

Markus

Still need assistance but didn't have time to upload (busy)... will do the next days (hope so)...
Markus

October 3, 2018 at 6:21 pm #2785473

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Thanks. The previous link has expired, so I created this new one: hidden link

Regards,
Diego

October 5, 2018 at 7:38 am #2789782

Markus

Plugin is installed and I imported the json file.

Also the WPML settings are adapted to the clients settings.

Do I also have to bring over the portfolio part? this will be a lot of work if I have to do this...

Let me know and thx...
Markus

October 5, 2018 at 5:50 pm #2791452

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks. We also need some dummy content to reproduce the issue. The same problem that occurs on your website should occur in this copy, so we need some content to test (dummy content only, not the actual content of the website). Do you think this is possible? E.g. just 2 or 3 portfolio items.

If so, please send us the link of the page with the issue (on the sandbox install).

If not, just let me know. We will find another way to debug this issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 15, 2018 at 8:30 am #2816596

Markus

Hi Diego,

As you can see, I am running again running out of time 🙁

How can we get there around?

Thx,
Markus

October 15, 2018 at 7:56 pm #2818653

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Sorry, I was waiting for your feedback on the sandbox. Unfortunately the test website has already expired.

I created a new duplicator package on your website. I'll run some tests using this copy to see if I can find a
quick solution, but I can not guarantee this (the installation has more than 75 active plugins that may be interfering with the issue. ). If not, we will still need to reproduce the issue on a clean install.

I will send you a feedback soon.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 16, 2018 at 12:16 pm #2820885

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

After some tests I found that the error was being caused by a default setting that was modified.

Please go to WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation, set the "Media (attachment)" as Translatable - only show translated items and save. This fixed the issue on my test site.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Diego