Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 31, 2020 at 12:22 pm #5803891

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I think that whatever caused the following:

Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 11 in /home/aless889/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/autoload/hook-vc-grid.php on line 162

Also caused:

"The archive contains one or more empty files.

But then I only did this:
- unzipped them and zipped again
- uploaded

Now it worked, as if .zip archive was damaged or something. I used hidden link for it, but not sure if matters.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 31, 2020 at 5:22 pm #5806843

alessandraV-3

Thank you, Bruno.

I was able to find out the problem with the zip files. You see, I was zipping the folder with files so, within the zip folder, there was another folder.

Your script seems not to (always?) search files inside subsequent folders. When I zipped all the files directly, the files were updated correctly.

Maybe this is something to document in your plugin? or include in future releases?

Regarding the error you suggested, for the moment, I don´t see that happening. But I am updating the theme so this error is fixed. Thanks for that.

April 1, 2020 at 6:13 am #5809677

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I see - but I don't see this being in fact, but how it works given that it uses default WordPress zip handling functionality:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-incompatible-archive-uploading-zip-file/#post-3764553

Regards,
Bruno Kos