This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.58 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: - "SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input" While trying to activate ATE - "The site is experiencing technical difficulties" While trying to visit WPML->Translation Jobs

Solution: There was a fatal error created by one of the plugins, so deactivating the plugin helped to solve the issue.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by dannyT-6 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 12:54 pm

dannyT-6

Hi,

I've been having issues with my website's performance and I am get limited on a regular basis by my host provider for going over my server resource limits. I spoke with my host provider and they feel the issue is with one of my plugins or theme.

I hate to point fingers, but whenever I have an issue with plugins conflicting with one another or causing issues with my website, WPML is always a part of the problem.

Recently the Multi-Currency feature was not working and the prices were stuck in another currency. I regenerated the Woocommerce Product Lookup Tables and the issue was resolved. Today the problem came back, but this time only 1 of my products was stuck. Again I regenerated the tables and re-entered the product's amount and saved it, sorting out the problem. The problem is gone but I hate to think it will keep coming back.

I've been going over my WPML setting to see if there was something perhaps not set up properly or something that I can remove and I came across these two issues:

1. In Settings, If I try to change to the WPML advanced translation editor I get this message:

SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input.

To be honest, I don't want to use the advanced editor. Although this should not cause a problem.

2. In the Woocommerce Multilingual Status tab there is this message:

"Some settings from the WooCommerce Multilingual wpml-config.xml file have been overwritten.
You should check WPML configuration files added by other plugins or manual settings on the Multilingual Content Setup section.

Custom field _stock configuration from wpml-config.xml file was altered!"

I could really use some help getting your plugin to work properly.

May 3, 2019 at 7:24 pm #3737689

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I have fixed the warning messages in Woocoommerce -> Woocoommerce Multilingual -> Status tab byt going to WPML -> Settings -> Custom fields translation -> Click on 'Show system fields' link -> Seearch and set the correct choice for the custom fields mentioned in the warning message. You can find our official documentation regarding this subject in the following link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Regarding the error in WPML -> Settings -> 'How to translate posts and pages', I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Flush all cache memory.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Kind regards,
Carlos

May 3, 2019 at 7:41 pm #3737703

dannyT-6

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for getting back to me and for taking care of the problem in the Woocommerce Multilingual Status tab.

As for your suggestion regarding the other issue, as soon as I have a chance I'll follow the steps and let you know which plugin or theme is causing the conflict.

Danny

May 3, 2019 at 8:07 pm #3737737

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Danny,
Thank you very much for your message.

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Regards,
Carlos

May 4, 2019 at 3:41 pm #3740651

dannyT-6

Hi Carlos,

For some reason now when I try to create or edit a Post, I no longer see the "Category" or "Tag" option on the right of the page. When I deactivate the WPML plugin, these things show. So obviously the problem is with WPML.

Does this have anything to do with the change that you made the other day? If not, is there a solution for this?

Thanks

May 6, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3750317

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much or your feedback.

Could you attach a screenshot in your next message and point out this issue realted to the 'Category' and/or 'Tag'? This way I will be able to understand and reproduce the problem.

Regards,
Carlos

May 6, 2019 at 3:40 pm #3750483

dannyT-6

Hi Carlos,

The problem seems to be when I'm using the Block Editor. You can see from the screenshot that when using the Classic Editor you have the "Category" and "Tag" settings. However, when I use the Block Editor, those setting are not there as you can see from the image.

Danny

May 6, 2019 at 8:05 pm
May 7, 2019 at 1:08 pm #3758089

dannyT-6

Hi,

I did what you asked and I've migrated my website over. I received the confirmation email. Although they never asked for the database username or password.

I also deactivated the plugins "Facebook for Woocommerce" and "Woocommerce Google Feed" before the migration. Please do NOT active them as they will cause problems with Google and Facebook. I had an issue with them when I tried to set up a staging website once.

I hope you find the problem and I look forward to hearing back from you with my website's diagnosis.

Danny

May 8, 2019 at 10:21 am #3765519

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Danny,
Thank you very much for your message.

Unfortunately the migration seems to be failed. Could you create a test site with a copy of the live site so we can run troubleshooting tests without affecting the live site?

Regards,
Carlos

May 10, 2019 at 10:50 am #3783407

dannyT-6

Hi Carlos,

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner.

I will set up a Staging site and send you the login details. Although there is no longer the option to send you a private message. How am I supposed to provide you with these details?

Also, did you delete the site we tried to migrate over to Cloudways?

Danny

May 10, 2019 at 12:08 pm #3784025

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Danny,

I have set your next answer private, this way you will be able to provide the new credentials in a secure way.

Regards,
Carlos

May 13, 2019 at 11:37 am #3797553

dannyT-6

Hi Carlos,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I am in the process of trying to set up a Staging website. As soon as I've got it up and running I will send you the access details.

Thanks for your patience.

Danny

May 13, 2019 at 1:32 pm #3798781

dannyT-6

Hi Carlos,

I set up a Staging site.

Could you please set my next message to private so that I can send you the details.....thanks.

Danny

May 14, 2019 at 3:22 am #3803087

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello Danny,

Carlos is off today, so I am taking care of this ticket, hope this is ok. 🙂

I have enabled the private reply, so please send the staging site details in the next private reply.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks