Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Very recently we are experiencing the following: (and we even think this happens on 2 different websites.) Lay-out created with WPbakery Page builder like background image, padding, background-color, etc., is not showing in the translated page.

Solution: Just simply set the _wpb_shortcodes_custom_css meta key to not be translatable, in WPML → Settings → Custom Term Meta Translation area.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by geertP 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 15, 2020 at 9:43 pm #6377499

geertP

Hi,

We have a big problem and I urgently need a solution.

Very recently we are experiencing the following: (and we even think this happens on 2 different websites.)
Lay-out created with WPbakery Page builder like background image, padding, background-color,... is not showing in the translated page.
Example:
Homepage in dutch (default language) with at the top a background image, below a section with a background color.
The homepage in French is a copy of the dutch page but with the text changed. So we also have the image as background, we can see this in the page builder, the background color, etc... identical as on the dutch version BUT it's suddenly not showing on the French page, neither on all other languages, only on the default language.

For testing I already changed theme, disabled plugins, read similar problems and tried the solutions but nothing has solved this.

link of default language: hidden link
link of french version: hidden link
-> problem is on all languages

Thanks already

June 17, 2020 at 7:30 am #6390733

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Geert,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

This is a pretty strange issue. Do you remember making any changes lately? I'm asking this because it's a bit strange that this happened out of nowhere.

Can you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

June 17, 2020 at 10:57 am #6392875

Radu
Supporter

Hey Geert,

Can you tell me if you made any other changes in the meantime, please? I'm asking this because I tried to edit the French translation and all the translations were in Dutch. Once I checked all the Translation is complete boxes and saved the changes, everything was looking fine on the French page:
hidden link

You can edit again the French translation and add the right text. This time, the style should stay the same and work fine.

Thanks,
Radu

June 17, 2020 at 11:19 am #6393325

geertP

Hi,

thanks for the reply. We didn't made changes in the meantime. I can see the French lay-out looks back like it should but ALL text is in Dutch now, and this on the French version...

I think it's because the way you translated this is different than the way we use.

We don't use this way of translation with 'boxes' and where you have to click 'Translation is complete' at the end.
We go from the Dutch page to the French page and we get to see the page builder like it's a new page. We 'duplicate' the content and after that we click on 'translate independently'.
Later if we need to make changes, we just open it and we get to see the page builder where we can make changes.
I think this is the 'old' way of translating but it works the best for us.

Could this be the cause of our problem?

kind regards
Geert

June 17, 2020 at 11:46 am #6393515

Radu
Supporter

Hey Geert,

Thank you for clarifying that. It was really helpful.

In this case, can you try again to create the French page separately and tell me if the CSS is still causing this issue, please? I made a little change (set the _wpb_shortcodes_custom_css meta key to not be translatable). This time, the CSS should be independent in each translated page.

Thanks,
Radu

June 17, 2020 at 2:03 pm #6394613

geertP

Thanks Radu

My problem is solved now by doing the following:
- set the _wpb_shortcodes_custom_css meta key to not be translatable
- In a post, default language, set 'Use WPML's translation Editor' -> off

Then I just saved the existing translated pages again where i had problems and it is solved!

thanks for the support

June 17, 2020 at 2:05 pm #6394619

geertP

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!