This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by soroushK 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
September 30, 2019 at 6:12 pm #4667045

soroushK

Hi,

It seems WPML is generating pages for media such as:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: 404

Instead, I got: page with media

October 1, 2019 at 9:02 am #4669867

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

WPML does not generate media attachment URLs. This is something that WordPress does by default.

I see that you have Yoast SEO installed. Yoast has a setting that should disable these URLs for SEO:
hidden link

Changing the settings in Yoast should handle URLs on secondary language pages like this one as well:
hidden link

October 2, 2019 at 6:09 pm #4682567

soroushK

We have that setting set to "Yes". The links now simply show a black screen with a box. Any idaes?

October 3, 2019 at 8:04 am #4685557

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

I was already seeing the black boxes when I first clicked on the links you provided. It means your browser is trying to load an image it cannot reach.

Unfortunately, this is not a WPML issue and we cannot provide support for Yoast or WordPress' default behavior. You can read more about media attachment URLs here:
hidden link

If your Yoast plugin is not handling these properly, you may need to talk to your developer or Yoast directly.

October 3, 2019 at 10:10 pm #4691603

soroushK