Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by mehrdadE 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
June 10, 2013 at 3:13 pm #134413

Alistair

Hi I am using the Agency theme V2 and Genesis 1.9.2 and need to get the Genesis Responsive slider slider working on the german part of my site, I also have some text in a widget that I need translating also

June 10, 2013 at 6:40 pm #134466

Harshad

Dear Alistair,

Can you please explain us in detail, how you are creating slider items, is it via theme's options panel?

Can you please attach screenshot to get a better idea?

June 11, 2013 at 8:59 am #134607

Alistair

They are posts in the slider category, then under Genesis > Slider options I add the post ID if I add the German ID will they appear on the English version?

Slider Settings ‹ Presspart — WordPress.png
June 11, 2013 at 10:19 am #134652

Harshad

Dear Alistair,

The strings that are part of the options that the plugins or themes save in the wp_options table.

When themes and plugins use get_option, they read values from the wp_options table. WPML can filter these calls and provide translation to the values of these options.

For this you can create a language configuration file, which tells WPML which Admin texts you want to translate.

http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

June 11, 2013 at 10:52 am #134668

Alistair

That looks very complicated to me is there not an easier way if not can someone help me with creating the file

June 11, 2013 at 1:43 pm #134762

Harshad

Dear Alistair,

Can you please send me your database dump to harshad.m@wpml.org?

Please include this forum link for reference.

June 12, 2013 at 8:18 am #135000

Harshad

Dear Alistair,

Thanks for sending the db, Please copy the code below and paste in wpml-config.xml file and upload it to your theme's root folder.

<wpml-config>
<admin-texts>
<key name="genesis_responsive_slider_settings">
<key name="post_type" />
<key name="posts_term" />
<key name="exclude_terms" />
<key name="include_exclude" />
<key name="post_id" />
<key name="posts_num" />
<key name="posts_offset" />
<key name="orderby" />
<key name="slideshow_timer" />
<key name="slideshow_delay" />
<key name="slideshow_effect" />
<key name="slideshow_width" />
<key name="slideshow_height" />
<key name="slideshow_pager" />
<key name="slideshow_excerpt_show" />
<key name="slideshow_hide_mobile" />
<key name="slideshow_excerpt_content" />
<key name="slideshow_more_text" />
<key name="slideshow_excerpt_content_limit" />
<key name="slideshow_excerpt_width" />
<key name="location_vertical" />
<key name="location_horizontal" />
<key name="slideshow_arrows" />
<key name="slideshow_title_show" />
<key name="slideshow_loop" />
<key name="slideshow_no_link" />
</key>
</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Then go to wpml -> sting translation, search for post_id within context admin_texts_theme_genesis, and replace it with respective English post_ids

June 12, 2013 at 10:32 am #135099

Alistair

Thank you, please bear with me see attached screen grab still unsure what to do next regards Alistair

String Translation ‹ Presspart — WordPress.png
June 12, 2013 at 10:47 am #135106

Harshad

Please search all strings within context admin_texts_theme_genesis

June 12, 2013 at 11:03 am #135113

Alistair

There isn't one its admin_texts_theme_presspart see attached images

String-Translation2.jpg
String Translation ‹ Presspart — WordPress.png
June 12, 2013 at 11:12 am #135124

Harshad

Okay, please translate the highlighted post_ids in screenshot attached String-Translation2.jpg

June 12, 2013 at 12:19 pm #135169

Alistair

That was it thank you for your help everything working great now regards Alistair

April 28, 2014 at 6:36 pm #389350

mehrdadE

I am having a similar problem but with the 'Genesis featured posts' widget.

It is fine on English but when I switch the languages, it disappears.

I also found out that it only happens when I have selected a certain taxonomy.

Thanks.