Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gabrielP-16 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 18, 2018 at 8:46 pm #2420312

gabrielP-16

Hello Dear,
I install and active the plugin,
did the necessary work to do in language and setting section.
i got some problems, which really im not happy with the plugin and im thinking to ask for refund.
for your information, i check must of the video`s in youtube and must main documentation .

my website is hidden link

regarding my main issue (attached 4 pictures)
1- i cannot enable WPML`s translation editor
2-i cannot run the advance translation Editor !(there is no site tranlation manager to ask)
3-i cannot put the URL format /Fr .
4-i did translation for 1page, but when i click on that page in French website page, its redirect me to english page !

Please advice.
Regards,
Gabriel

June 19, 2018 at 12:16 pm #2421846

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I would need your WPML debug information. You can find it in:
WPML -> Support -> click on debug information link
Then you can copy/paste the text you see in the Debug box I'll enable for the next answer.
More information here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

As for your question 3, the message is more a notice than an error message. When checking the option, WPML does a quick test to check if everything will work. Sometimes this test says it won't work, but it's a false positive. The only real way to see if it's working is to enable the option and check.

June 19, 2018 at 12:27 pm #2421872

gabrielP-16

if i want i can give you my wp access account, as the website still not online and not officially published.

June 19, 2018 at 1:20 pm #2422039

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

1. You can activate translation editor in:
WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages -> Use the Classic Translation Editor
If you get an error when activating it, please paste it here.

2. The Advanced Translation Editor is a new feature we introduced recently. It will be a paid service (now it's in beta so it's free) but unless you are using external translators for your site you probably don't need it.
Here is our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

4. What process did you follow to translate your page?

June 19, 2018 at 1:44 pm #2422129

gabrielP-16

Hello Laura
Thanks for your fast and helpful email,
The editor has been activated , Thanks.

Regarding My translation process, i speaking 5 Language, so im doing it myself.

i tried to do some translation in my website.
so far so good.

i just get some problem in contact page. its not open in French website.

hidden link

Need Your help.

Regards,
Gabriel

June 19, 2018 at 2:43 pm #2422303

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

first of all, I suggest you change your permalinks from pages ID to something more readable, it will benefit your SEO too.
You can do it in Settings -> Permalinks

Then try to open the page again. To me, it doesn't load, so if the issue continues we should check if there is some compatibility problem with Contact Form 7

June 20, 2018 at 5:17 am #2423491

gabrielP-16

Dear Laura
First of all i should thank you for your general help of wpml (honestly i was thinking to ask for refund as i couldnt deal with the software,but now i change my mind)

Secondly thanks for your suggestion regarding the Permalinks, its done.

Now,Regarding the contact page, i still have problem,its not load for french version.

hidden link
may i know what should i do ?

im slowly try to learn how to deal with wpml,and solving issue, so far so good.
but for the blog page, still i couldn't understand how to translate the posts?! as its not apear in the blog page.
hidden link
English blog site/;
hidden link

Best Regards,
Gabriel

June 20, 2018 at 7:31 am #2423626

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

this is our documentation about Contact Form7, try to follow it and see if your issue is resolved:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

As for translating blog post, here are some resources you can find useful:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translating-pages-posts-and-custom-posts-while-developing-the-site
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

June 21, 2018 at 8:56 am #2426393

gabrielP-16

Dear Laura
Thanks for your detail, mustly im done.
just remain few points.
i Got stock with FAQ page.
any solution for that? is any Faq pluging is compatible with WPML.
what you suggest me?

Regards,
Gabriel

June 21, 2018 at 10:56 am #2426743

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

here you can find a list of the compatible plugins: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
Most plugin will still work with WPML, but you could encounter issues.

If you need further help, I suggest you open a new ticket. We try to have only one issue per ticket, so it's easier for others to search the forum. This also allows supporters to be faster and more efficient.

June 21, 2018 at 11:36 am #2426897

gabrielP-16

Thanks a lot for your help Laura
i appreciate your fast and excellent help replay.
Best Regards,
Gabriel