This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User was having translated menu overlapping from specified header Solution: Menu should be a little short to fit in the maximum width allowed by the theme style. Either remove a menu item or update menu items with short texts

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 29, 2019 at 8:40 am

hooiC

I am trying to: in German site, scroll the page and it overlaps with the top menu. see screenshot attached

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: see German screenshot attached

I expected to see:no overlapping of page with top menu - see English site screenshot attached

Instead, I got: overlapping of page and top menu

January 29, 2019 at 10:53 am #3139259

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

The german menu is too long for the maximum width allowed by the theme, If you update some of the menu items to have less text, this will resolve this issue. The theme may be supporting nested items, or you can remove the homepage link and translate the myLotus logo link to point to each language homepage. The logo link will be part of theme options and could be translated following this article.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Let me know what do you think.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 30, 2019 at 11:16 am #3143460

hooiC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!