This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Checking if their is an existing translation Solution: You can see if any page, post or other custom post type has a translation if there is a + sign next to it. If there is a pencil sign, it means that translation already exists, but if there is a + sign, it means that is has no translation yet.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
January 29, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3140327

hooiC

I am trying to: when i click on German on the language switcher,it default back to English. this means something is not translated. what is the best way of finding out what is not translated.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: german language

Instead, I got: defaulted to English

January 30, 2019 at 9:54 am #3142973

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

If this happens, most likely the page you were at the moment and on which you tried changing the language does not have a translation.

You can see if any page, post or other custom post type has a translation if there is a + sign next to it. If there is a pencil sign, it means that translation already exists, but if there is a + sign, it means that is has no translation yet.

See the attached image.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 30, 2019 at 11:15 am #3143458

hooiC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! all the pages were translated. after overnight, the germany site came up without me changing anything. i am not sure why there is a delay.