Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
March 7, 2019 at 6:05 pm #3286306

hooiC

I am trying to: I was in the English site. I clicked on the Home Page on the menu. all texts in English. I then switched to German site, the texts in this area(see image) is still in English. but if you click on the German Home button(Startseite) it updates the text to German in this area.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: see images attached

I expected to see: when switching from English to German site, i expect the texts to be all in German and not having to click on the Home(Startseite) button page of german site to get the texts all updated to german. how do i fix this issue? this onlyhappens on the German home page. its an issue with the Dutch, french, italy and spanish when switching from english to these sites. on the German site has the problem

Instead, I got:

March 7, 2019 at 11:34 pm #3287718

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Do I understand right, that the page content is incorrect when switching the language with the menu language switcher?

Which configuration did you set at WPML -> Settings -> Site URL structure? Could you please change it to language in directories? In case you enable the option for directory for default language please also add a root page.

Then go to Settings -> Permalinks and simply click the save button.

Does the issue persists?

Kind regards
Andreas

March 8, 2019 at 6:41 am #3289502

hooiC

the problem still persists after taking the steps advised above except I did not changed to "language in directories" as we are using "A different domain per language " . Only 2 sections in the Home page is showing English for German site. I can see the texts translated in German in advanced translation editor but when I am in the Home page(switched from English to German in the WP admin) you find the texts in English in the block. see screenshot. something has been disconnected. do you think to do with using different editors?
this issue is not in other secondary languages(French, italian, spanish, dutch).

March 8, 2019 at 5:46 pm #3294728

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

March 8, 2019 at 6:41 pm #3294986

hooiC

Hi Andreas, please can you let me know once you are out of our dev site, as i need to test something for a query with another wpml supporter. thank you

March 8, 2019 at 7:56 pm #3295398

hooiC

Hi Andreas, another wpml supporter is looking at another issue and need access to our dev site. is it ok for him to access or you are still getting a copy of our site? please let me as soon as possible.

March 8, 2019 at 11:55 pm #3295766

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the delay on my reply.

I was taking a look at your site now and I realized that the pullup text content can be translated with String Translation. I am not sure why the ATE does not translate it directly but I will have to recreate the issue on a clean installation to make sure.

I beg you for some patience on this topic but I will contact you as soon as possible.

Let me know if you do have any questions.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 9, 2019 at 9:38 am #3297602

hooiC

Hi Andreas Please note the translations for those 2 sections are in ATE and its all translated. But its not appearing in the fusion block. I went back to the HOme page of the german site using ATE and the translation for these 2 sections are there. this has worked for the other languages. only German has gone wrong.

March 11, 2019 at 11:13 am #3310069

hooiC

Hi Andreas, this is urgent and would appreciate your help on this. the 2 sections only show inEnglish when you 1) go direct: ie select German, then select Starteite. the english texts are in the 2 sections.

2) switch to French(for eg) then switch back to German, the german translation is there. while you are in the page, click on Starteite, it loses the German texts in the 2 sections and revert back to English. i can see in the fusion block they are in english.

March 11, 2019 at 2:00 pm #3313369

hooiC

Hi I updated the plugins and also remove t3cache for now and my issue is resolved now. Thank you!