Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.38 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jaakI 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 3, 2020 at 11:15 am #5831085

jaakI

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Get fixed the error message: There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

I've moved site from Polylang to WPML and this results always this error message.

I've manually added missing columns to the following tables: wpl_icl_strings and wpl_icl_string_status and before it has worked but not this time.

April 5, 2020 at 12:29 am #5839681

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

This message usually pops up when tables are missing or having a wrong table structure.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

April 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm #5858439

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The issue should be sorted now.

I also see an error related to the plugin postcode-shipping. Did you recognize any issues in related to price calculation in different languages?

If so, please do not hesitate to answer or open a new support ticket, when needed.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 13, 2020 at 7:43 am #5894621

jaakI

Hello,

We do not use the postcode-shipping plugin right now and I've turned it off.

But the main problem: the error message There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you. is not gone.

April 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm #5907097

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

In fact, I see the message is still appearing, which is not expected.

I am following up with our second tier support and I will get back to you once I received more feedback.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 15, 2020 at 6:43 am #5910353

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello!
I fixed the problem in your site.
You should be all good to continue with your project.

April 15, 2020 at 4:28 pm #5915753

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, please consider this ticket as solved.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards
Andreas

April 20, 2020 at 9:35 am #5947015

jaakI

This has happened to me then I've moved the client site from Polylang to WPML and I attempted to follow your guide line by line but never less this error appears.
For this site, the issue is resolved now (but in the order I have 4 sites). Thank you!