This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 16, 2018 at 9:35 am #2153823

patrickT-27

Hi,

i am trying to translate my page which i build up with the vamtam theme (NEX) and the Beaver Builder Plugin.

I wanted to set up my wpml right and tried to follow the instructions but i have some issues and questions here:

1. ISSUE: LINK FROM WP NOT WORKING
On the top of my "pages/sites" there is a text that says "So übersetzen Sie"/"This is how you translate, but the link (https://wpml.org/account/wpml-compatibility/) is broken:
"The compatibility link that you followed appears broken. Please go back to your site and refresh the page. If the compatibility link still doesn't work, try to de-register the site and register it again."

2. QUESTIONS: Can't find settings that are suggested:
I found a instruction guide (https://wpml.org/documentation/beginners-guide-to-site-translation/) but there are some settings i can't find in my wordpress

2.1 I can't find a translation management module and i don't know how to install it?

Thanks in advanced!

Patrick

May 17, 2018 at 3:30 pm #2178885

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

1. could you please add a screenshot of your page? Also, I would need your WPML debug file. You can find it in:
- WPML -> Support
- click on "debug information" link
I'll enable debug information in your next reply and you'll be able to copy/paste them into the box.

2. Translation Management module is available only with our Multilingual CMS package, so if you have our Multilingual Blog package you won't find it in your available download.

May 20, 2018 at 9:48 am #2196477

patrickT-27

Hi Laura,

thanks for the reply 🙂 I am getting along with the translation. Anyway: There are still some things where i need help:

- i attached a screenshot: And the link to opens a site with the "error"
- and i put the debugging info above

2. I was purchasing for the multilingual lifetime abonement: Is it possible to upgrade to this version?
if not: How can i update the plugins like string? Do i have to install them manually?

3. (new)
- I want to make the german version of my site completely finish and i want to translate the text afterwards: If i make changes to the layout, it will change both sites then, right? I mean the english and german version, or do i have to make changes to the layout on both ways then?! i hope not!

Thanks in advanced and best wishes from germany 🙂
Patrick

Best!
Patrick

May 21, 2018 at 7:29 am #2199149

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

1. the "error" you see in the screenshot you attached is more an advice to configure Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights plugin. Is not caused by WPML. If you have problems when you open the link, I suggest you contact that plugin's developer.

2. Your lifetime package includes all of WPML plugins and add-ons. To install and to update, you can go to
Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial
or you can download from here https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

3. Unless you do some custom css editing for a specific language, layout changes apply to any language you have on your site.

If you need further help, I suggest you open a new ticket. We try to have only one issue per ticket, so it's easier for others to search the forum. This also allows supporters to be faster and more efficient.