This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Mohammed 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
February 12, 2019 at 2:35 pm

pisca-scpC

I am trying to translate a page, and on the "translation manager" page, once you click either on "Save" or "Save and close" it breaks and get stuck in "saving" mode. Nothing else happens, it not saveing anything and you loose all the job done before...

You'll find attached a screenshot of the "saving" mode where it gets stuck.

I expected to just save the work, and get the translation page created and visible...

Instead, I got: nothing! not even my previous translation work.

Thank you in advance,

Irma

February 13, 2019 at 10:32 am #3193308

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for contacting WPML support!

I have checked your website and I found WPML plugins are deactivated.

Could you please update WPML plugins to the latest version and test again?

If the issue still persists, could you please enable WordPress debug by following these simple steps:
To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */