This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by elieB-2 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 5:04 pm #4268341

elieB-2

Hello,

I have a translation problem with the get_fields part ($ product-> post-> ID); which returns the value null. What is strange is that for some language it sends me values but the new languages returns me null.

Here is the test page I'm working on:
hidden link
There is a var_dump at the beginning of the page.

I updated the plugins:
sitepress-multilingual-cms.4.2.7.1,
wpml-media-translation.2.5.2,
wpml-string-translation.2.10.5.1,
wpml-translation-management.2.8.6.2.

Thanks for your help.

July 23, 2019 at 9:41 pm #4268923

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. For those pages that return the id as "null", are these pages translated? Or were they duplicated?

Also, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins (keep the WooCommerce enabled), switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

July 25, 2019 at 10:29 am #4281781

elieB-2

Hello,

Apparently it's the WPML Translation Management plugin when I change language when I'm on a product, it automatically switches to the url admin.php? Page = wpml-wcml & tab = products & prid and I have to use this module instead of switching to the product page in a new language. Off when I do translations with WPML Translation Management it does not save the values of customs fields correctly. However if I disable the plugin and I update the product sheet in different language without the plugin, the fields appear correctly.
I do not know if I'm clear?

July 25, 2019 at 9:18 pm #4286117

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the explanation. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

July 26, 2019 at 11:17 pm #4291997

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

I tried to download your site, but this is too big. Only the database has ~2GB. At this time, I see that products are now displaying the ID correctly in the product you posted. All languages are displayed ID correctly. That is, the value is no longer returning as null.

It seems that when all products are translated, the content is displayed correctly. Could you please check again?

Thank you.

July 30, 2019 at 8:04 am #4305549

elieB-2

Good morning and thanks for your help.
From now on it seems that the site no longer uses the WPML Translation Management plugin to translate the products. So the problem seems solved. What exactly did you do to solve the problem? Because I have to solve the problem on the site of prod.
Thank you and good day.

July 31, 2019 at 5:26 pm #4317043

Bruno
Supporter

I just went to your site and saved the pages again. Actually, I didn't edit anything. That is, I have not changed any settings or options within the pages.

I accessed the page and clicked the "Update" button, then I followed the same steps for the translations.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

August 13, 2019 at 7:58 am #4385721

elieB-2

Hello,
No it does not work. Because when I try to "update" the product the plugin I switch to using the WPML Translation Management plugin.
Here are the steps to update a product listing.
1 / I edit the page in "In"
2 / I switch to the version "From" -> I switch to using the WPML Translation Management plugin.
3 / I update with the WPML Translation Management plugin but my changes are not applied.

August 19, 2019 at 7:28 am #4413973

elieB-2

hello, have you been able to look at my problem?