Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
November 1, 2019 at 11:06 am #4870015

florianB-9

Hello,
just checked my page with GTMetrix and noticed that for my translated product pages (English), there are two ?wc-ajax=get_refreshed_fragments calls. They are exactly the same, so I don't know why they load twice. In default language (German) it loads only once.
As this is very bad for performance, I would be happy if you could help me. Thank you.

November 4, 2019 at 10:38 am #4879799

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I took a look at the website and I could not replicate the issue. The behavior I see is that wc-ajax is only called once when you switch languages or on the first visit to the homepage or shop page. Please provide steps to recreate the call happening twice.

I believe this is something that you may have better luck looking at with WooCommerce support since we have not seen it with other clients using WooCommerce and WPML.

However, I will be happy to take a deeper look if you can provide steps to recreate the problem or provide screenshots showing when it happens, along with the details of the actual calls. If the calls are literally exactly the same, then we would need temporary access to your website to debug further.

November 4, 2019 at 10:45 am #4879827

florianB-9

Hi Izzi,
thank you very much. I am sure that its WPML related, because the bug appears only on my translated pages.
Here are the steps to recreate:

1. Scan hidden link (German) with GT Metrix and have a look at the Waterfall: hidden link is requested only once. This is how it should be.

2. Scan hidden link (Translated to English) with GT Metrix and have a look at the Waterfall: hidden link is requested twice.

The same behavior can be found on my other site, hidden link

If you set my next message to private, I can give you credentials.
Thanks.

November 4, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4880721

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your clarification. I was able to replicate the issue without GT Metrix. It happens when you directly visit a product URL in a new tab or window. This is the only time it happens for the translated language. The reason you see it in GT Metrix every time is that it is like opening a new browser window and typing in the URL.

If I refresh the product or continue browsing on your website then it is only called once, or sometimes never called (which is normal).

I have enabled private responses on your next reply so that I can take a look and confirm exactly what triggers this. However, in order to see a real performance difference on your website, you may want to look into disabling this completely, or using a plugin like WP Rocket to optimize this WooCommerce feature:
hidden link
hidden link

November 4, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4882217

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Florian,

I couldn't see WP Rocket in the debug information, possibly due to it being deactivated.

I will investigate this and update you as soon as we have some information or a solution for you.

Thanks!

November 6, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4899047

florianB-9

Hi Izzi,
any news yet? Wp Rocket is only active on my live page, not on my testpage, thats why you could not see it 🙂

November 8, 2019 at 9:31 am #4911819

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Florian,

It appears my last response never sent due to a technical problem.

According to my team, the double call usually happens when we must fetch translated cart fragments, and using WP Rocket optimization should mean that the second call is retrieved from the cache if the call and response are exactly the same, thus causing no real performance hit.

I have tried to see what the actual performance decrease is on your live site and I could only find a single call, as seen in the screenshot.

Perhaps you made some changes or applied some updates to your live site?

November 8, 2019 at 9:37 am #4911877

florianB-9

Hi Izzy,
thank you. Yes, it seems that the double call has gone. I made a few updates (WPML, Woocommerce), so I guess that its fixed. But now there is this red "undefined" request. This request appears only on my translated pages, so it may be WPML related. I have to figure out what this is....could you please help me?
And could you delete the screenshot please? Thank you.

November 8, 2019 at 9:42 am #4911883

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

I've deleted the screenshot. I did see the "undefined" error too but I can't find it anymore. I'm not sure that it is WPML related but I'll be happy to take another look if you think it is.

Please either mark this ticket as resolved, or let me know if you think the new issue is WPML related and I'll split it into a new ticket.

Thanks!

November 8, 2019 at 9:43 am #4911885

florianB-9

Ok, I am gonna make a few checks myself and will let you know. Will be back soon. Thank you.

November 12, 2019 at 9:36 pm #4935069

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

I wanted to reach out and confirm that this issue was resolved and you are able to use WPML to translate your content properly now.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble with this or any other issue and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Thanks!