This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
February 14, 2019 at 9:49 am #3198474

erwinH-3

Hello,

I'm using No Category Base (WPML) to remove (category) from the the url. It was working fine with previous versions of WPML after updating the plugin 4.2.0, i'm getting 404 on sub category pages.

I tried to find the solution by deactivated all of my plugins except WPML and No Category Base (WPML) still had the same issue, so lastly i rolled back the WPML to previous version 4.1.3 and it started working fine no 404. So it is something cause of WPML plugin.

I can not share the page link because error is not there at the moment i'm using the older version of WPML.

Can you please look into it what is the issue, it came after plugin update?

And this plugin No Category Base (WPML) has updated last 4 weeks ago, i contacted to the plugin author he said this issue must be from WPML.

Looking forward to hear from you asap.

Thanks in advance

February 14, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3199408

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @erwinh-3, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please try the following:
- Update WPML to the version 4.2.1
- Go to Settings > Permalinks and check if the /%category%/ is set on your permalink structure. If so, remove it.
- Re-save the permalink structure
- Check if the issue persist

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

February 14, 2019 at 1:22 pm #3199968

erwinH-3

Hello Diego Pereira,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i updated to version 4.2.1 issue it did't work got again 404.
I want to keep custom permalinks structure with category_name.

If i remove /%category%/ from the permalinks structure then i will loose the hierarchy from my posts like hidden link. I want to keep this structure.

But it was working fine before the update.

Thanks

February 15, 2019 at 11:58 am #3204594

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

This can be a conflict between the generated permalinks structure (with% category%) and the plugin that removes this. Anyway, we need to do some compatibility tests. In these cases, these are the procedures:
- Install the plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
- After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
- If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team
- The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugin to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Kind regards,
Diego

February 19, 2019 at 9:33 am #3215751

erwinH-3

Hi Diego,

I did the same what you asked me to do.. It seem to be working fine with new installation. This is the url hidden link

I try to debug further my site.

Thanks

February 19, 2019 at 6:23 pm #3218554

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer).

Please let me know if it worked for you. If so, please send us clear instructions on how to see/reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] Getting 404 in sub category pages after updating the WPML plugins’ is closed to new replies.