This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 5:31 am #3730939

prashantK-3

Hi,

3 days ago we had updated woocommerce multilangual and after that update we are getting 500 error sometimes on product pages and even on normal pages, we also try to upload older version but seems like this plugin has change something in code, server team is saying that redirection loops is occuring. We had also updated permalinks agains as per wpml solution of 500 error but nothing seems to correct.

Below is error we are getting in error logs whenever someone visit a page
error - AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

May 3, 2019 at 7:08 am #3731329

prashantK-3

is anyone there to help ?

May 3, 2019 at 7:15 am #3731405

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Please update your WooCommerce Multilingual Plugin to version 4.6.2.1, that should fix the issue.

If it doesn't then do the following:

Please follow the instructions mentioned on this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Try to recreate the problem once you have added those lines to your wp-config.php file and then go to your installation's wp-content folder and find the "debug.log" file that should've appeared by now (it will appear if it enocunters an error in your server).

Then, upload that file into a storage platform of your choosing (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) and send me the link (make sure it's set as "public" otherwise i won't be able to access its content) so i can download it and take a look at it, and determine where to go from there.

Regards.

May 3, 2019 at 8:53 am #3732387

prashantK-3

Hi,

I had already updated woocommerce multilangual, my server team is also looking in this out as we are not sure what is creating problem, i had this issue after update multilangual plugin but activating & deactivating of plugin not helping us out... something went wrong.

Problem occurs when wpml all plugins enabled and someone visit the url it throw 500 error.
Here is error log of today: hidden link

Please look into this on urgent basis.

May 3, 2019 at 9:45 am #3732711

prashantK-3

Hi,

Not getting any reply from you, see its a critical one my visitors are getting bad impact. Can you please look into this on urgent basis ?

May 3, 2019 at 2:24 pm #3735241

Alejandro
Supporter

I can't see anything relating to WPML in the log.

I see, though, that the error seems to come from this directory: /themes/onesocial-child/page.php

Plus, can you confirm this log that you sent is coming from the debug.log file that i asked you to enable on one of my last replies? that file is located inside the wp-content folder and this one ust seems a bit different from the one that the debug.log file has.

Plus, even though this has nothing to do with WPML (and we can't offer you further support about this), there's also a WooCommerce log that you can check just so you can rule out WooCommerce as the area where the problem is coming from:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/finding-php-error-logs/

Let me know how it goes.

May 6, 2019 at 8:25 am #3745847

prashantK-3

Hi,

Yes you can;t see anything in log related to wpml, its not neccessary. But main thing is when we enable wpml plugins the problem started again... then who is culprit ?

Plus, can you confirm this log that you sent is coming from the debug.log
yes, the file we have given you is server generated error log and earlier jetpack or some any bad plugin has changed the error log file.

Woocommerce log - i have already checked that, there are no fatal errors related to any plugin or theme

The main point is that we activate wpml the 500 error problem starts again....

May 6, 2019 at 1:54 pm #3749491

Alejandro
Supporter

At this point please allow me access to your site and do the following before i can access the site:

1) Make a full backup of your site
2) Make sure WPML (and WPML Plugins) is on its latest update (4.2.6)
3) Let me know if there's a pattern you have found that sometimes makes your site throw these 500 errors.

Regards.

May 7, 2019 at 7:37 am #3754831

Alejandro
Supporter

I just checked your installation and you're not running the latest updates of our plugins.

Since this is a live update i suggest you make a backup of your site and update only after having done so.

If you don't see the update notice in the WordPress page, please activate WPML and go to plugins > Add New > Commercial

Press the "Check for updates" button and then proceed to update all of the plugins.

Let me know if the errors keep appearing afterwards so i can access the site again.

May 8, 2019 at 5:23 am #3763899

prashantK-3

Hi,

We had updated all wpml plugin to its latest updates, we had full backup but be alert. you can check & proceed with same, Yes error still exists when we activate wpml plugins

error log - Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Whenever any user opens up the product page 500 error comes, this happen sometimes.

May 9, 2019 at 7:57 am #3773941

Alejandro
Supporter

I found the error and it seemed to only being triggered by refreshing a page (at least that's the "fastest" way to do so)

It seems something in servebolt's cache feature was trgiggering this issue because i spent 20 minutes after i disabled it and couldn't find the problem anymore.

For now, i left the cache feature of the servebolt plugin disabled and i ask you to monitor the site. the errors should be triggered at a server level (so if you're using plesk or cpanel it will appear in the server error logs). I noticed you already had the debug.log enabled and i triggered the error at least 10 times and nothing would appear there. the error did say that it would appear in the server's error log so maybe that's why.

If you keep encountering this error, let me know.

May 10, 2019 at 6:05 am #3781523

prashantK-3

Hi,

The problem is still there, we have disabled cache for serverbolt and when we activate woocommerce multilangual and WPML Multilingual CMS, the error starts occuring. I don;t know why you haven;t noticed.

After activating these 2 plugin just go to this url - hidden link and you will noticed that error starts coming.

Please resolve this issue on urgent basis, as our site is running over 2 languages. Visitors are suffering. Hope to hear from you soon.

May 10, 2019 at 4:16 pm #3786649

Alejandro
Supporter

I didn't know about that log (i'm not really familiar with that plugin). however i checked and it seems these types of issues happen when GDPR plugins are active. i tried disabling that plugin and it works now. If you want, try activating it for a while and see if the problem continue.

I deactivated that plugin at 18:11 and haven't had issues since then. you might want to try one of our compatible plugins for that purpose:

https://wpml.org/it/documentazione/compatibilita-dei-plug-in/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=gdpr&wpv_filter_submit=Cerca

Regards.

May 13, 2019 at 5:13 am #3795203

prashantK-3

Hi,

I had just noticed that you have deactivated BuddyPress Multilingual plugin also, is it also creating problem ?

May 13, 2019 at 6:21 am #3795365

Alejandro
Supporter

Hi,
I didn't really disable that plugin, so you can turn it back on, i only disabled the GDPR plugin.

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] getting 500 error on product pages sometimes’ is closed to new replies.