This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 3:06 am #4627611

nadaI

I have completed a translation of the home page (Accueil) this is showing as completed in my translation management section. However when logging on to the site hidden link the translated english version of the translation appears.

This is instead of the original french homepage that should appear.

The problem I have is I am unable to find what i need to adjust inorder for the pages to appear in french and the english translation to be an option they can click on in the menu. I have only tried this on the homepage without any success.

Can you please help
the details to login are : ** pw:** the password protect is: **st

September 24, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4632855

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

First of all, thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay - there's a good amount of tickets in our queue so it takes a bit longer to respond.

Now, regarding the issue that you are currently experiencing, from my understanding, it sounds like your WPML settings are set to use English as the default language.

Can you please:

1. Create a full backup of the site
2. Then go here (hidden link), click "change default language" and set the default language to French?

Please let me know if things are fine now.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei