This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Iris 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Iris.

Author Posts
January 27, 2015 at 9:57 pm #549934

Dan

I am trying to import XLIFF files received from a translator. They sent us back 77 XLIFF files. Probably 60 of those imported perfectly fine and the pages are visible in the target language (French). However, in the remaining cases when I hit the Upload button, I get this error message:
-----
Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/isoc/wordpress/deploy360/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/pro-translation.class.php on line 1672
-----

I then have to go back in the browser to get to the "Translations" page again. When I do, it tells me that that particular job is now "Complete". However, the page is not visible. When I click on the "Edit" button it takes me to a page that *does* have translated text on it. However, when I then hit "Save Translation" at the bottom of the page, it generates this same error again.

I would be glad to send you one of the problem XLIFF files if that would help.

My site is hidden link and my email address is york@isoc.org

January 28, 2015 at 2:56 pm #550420

Iris

Hello and thank you for contacting WPML support.

I understand you're receiving a fatal error with several of your imported XLIFF files.

Could you please provide the credentials to your site in the private area I've enabled by your response? We recommend making a backup copy of the site as well.

Thank you.

January 29, 2015 at 5:09 pm #551258

Iris

Thank you for providing these details. Our plugins are up to date as well as the WP install. At this point I'd like to take a look at the site admin and access core files via FTP. If willing, please make a backup copy of the site and provide the credentials in the private area I've enabled by your response. Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Getting 'Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error' during XLIFF import’ is closed to new replies.