This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Getting error in php log, Wondering if there is negative impact

Solution:usually a deadlock is going to happen in most cases when two processes are conflicting and fighting over the same resources.

Please try the following.

1. Go to Theme and PLugins localization and select " Translate themes and plugins using only the WPML String Translation module (do not upload .mo files)" (this loads the .mo files once and thats it)

2. If the above does not resolve the issue try "disabling the String Translations" temporary and let me know your results

"Do not use the String Translation module to translate themes and plugins"

if step number #2 does work please following the steps in the following documentation and let me know your results

-=> https://wpml.org/errata/upgrading-from-a-beta-version-of-wpml-string-translation-2-6-0-to-the-formal-release-causes-the-mo-scanning-to-be-stuck/

3. This could be caused due to 3rd party plugins , if you have some custom plugins i highly recommend testing with a minimal environment to test if you can isolate the issue

Relevant Documentation:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pierre Bertrand 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 12:31 pm #3724509

Pierre Bertrand

I am trying to: Find out the effect of Deadlock error in php log

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Don't see impact on front end ... yet ?

I expected to see: No error in log

Instead, I got:WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query INSERT INTO `wp_wa109b6qm9_options` (`option_name`, `option_value`, `autoload`) VALUES ('_transient_timeout_wpml_st_upgrade_in_progress', '1556798310', 'no') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `option_name` = VALUES(`option_name`), `option_value` = VALUES(`option_value`), `autoload` = VALUES(`autoload`) made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_String_Translation->load, WPML_ST_Upgrade->run, WPML_ST_Upgrade->run_front_end, WPML_ST_Upgrade->maybe_run, WPML_ST_Upgrade->set_upgrade_in_progress, set_transient, add_option

May 2, 2019 at 4:21 pm #3726827

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

usually a deadlock is going to happen in most cases when two processes are conflicting and fighting over the same resources.

Please try the following.

1. Go to Theme and PLugins localization and select " Translate themes and plugins using only the WPML String Translation module (do not upload .mo files)" (this loads the .mo files once and thats it)

2. If the above does not resolve the issue try "disabling the String Translations" temporary and let me know your results

"Do not use the String Translation module to translate themes and plugins"

if step number #2 does work please following the steps in the following documentation and let me know your results

-=> https://wpml.org/errata/upgrading-from-a-beta-version-of-wpml-string-translation-2-6-0-to-the-formal-release-causes-the-mo-scanning-to-be-stuck/

3. This could be caused due to 3rd party plugins , if you have some custom plugins i highly recommend testing with a minimal environment to test if you can isolate the issue

let me know your results please

May 2, 2019 at 11:48 pm #3729499

Pierre Bertrand

Thanks Bobby I did what you suggested this morning and php log are clear.

PWB