Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
June 20, 2018 at 9:58 am #2424108

mathieulaflamme

Hi
I'm getting this message.

WPML Update is Incomplete
You are running updated sitepress-multilingual-cms and wpml-translation-management, but the following components are not updated:

wpml-string-translation
Your site will not work as it should in this configuration Please update all components which you are using. For WPML components you can receive updates from your WPML.org account or automatically, after you register WPML.

I'm very worried about this. Last time bugs in your system caused me headaches for months. Now I am only trying to upgrade and it's not upgrading this component. What do I do? Thanks

June 20, 2018 at 10:11 am #2424140

Amit
Supporter

Hi,

From that message, it seems that you did not update String Translation plugin which is needed for WPML to run smoothly.

Can you please describe what exactly is not working when you say "it's not upgrading this component" - if you can please add a screen so it's easy for us to understand what is going on.

Thanks!

June 20, 2018 at 10:14 am #2424142

mathieulaflamme

It won't update it even if I try. Everything seems to be working however.

June 21, 2018 at 3:11 am #2425919

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there,
My name is Carlos and I will be taking this ticket from now long.

Based on the screenshots you shared the issue seems to be that the String Translation plugin didn't updated automatically. In order to save time I recommend you to manually update this plugin by following the steps provided in this link: hidden link

You can download the String Translation plugin from this link: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Best regards,
Carlos

June 21, 2018 at 6:50 am #2426061

mathieulaflamme

Great, that worked, except that now wpml string translation 2.7.3 still shows up in my plugs list although it's not active. When I go to delete it, it asks "Are you sure you want to delete WPML String Translation and its data?" to this I answer yes?

June 21, 2018 at 6:53 am #2426063

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

June 21, 2018 at 6:56 am #2426065

mathieulaflamme

I will create a new user for you in wp, what email should I sent user name password to?

June 21, 2018 at 6:58 am #2426075

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

You will find the required fields in your next message.

Regards,
Carlos

June 21, 2018 at 7:02 am #2426079

mathieulaflamme

I do not see where you gave me what I requested.

June 21, 2018 at 7:24 am #2426099

mathieulaflamme

Hi
I want to create a user for you in WP and for this I need an email to send you the login information. I do not see an email address in any of the messages you sent me. Can you address this please so we can move forward?

June 21, 2018 at 6:59 pm #2428114

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

It seems that there is some kind of issue with this ticket. I have enable your message private two times in the road.

Our forum's rules require that you provide this information here in the forum using the private answer. The alternative would be to open a new ticket and assign it directly to me.

Before we do this I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Connect the site via FTP -> Go to wp-content/plugins -> Overwrite the String Translation files with the newest version (that you can donwload from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/)
- Go to the backend of the site -> Plugins -> Check if the plugin is updated correctly.
- In case the plugin is still showing the old version then deactivate/activate the WPML plugins.

Could you tell me the result of the steps above?

Best regards
Carlo

July 6, 2018 at 5:16 am #2469645

mathieulaflamme

Hi,
are you able to clarify the inconsistency shown on this screen shot. Which one is it, 3 sites, or unlimited? Thanks.

July 6, 2018 at 12:36 pm #2470815

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

The Multilingual CMS account is up to 3 sites, but if you take the offer shown in the top of the screenshot you shared, then you will get unlimited sites.

Best regards,
Carlos