This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.02 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jadeh 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
November 25, 2013 at 5:36 pm #297760

jadeh

I deleted an old version of my french menu to sync a new one, I got this erro:

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home1/luzsol/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/cache.php on line 43

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home1/luzsol/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/cache.php on line 44

Now the synced menu is acting funny (not formatting properly) when the english menu functions properly.

Please help.

November 26, 2013 at 8:19 am #297947

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Jadeh,

I agree, there is definitely something wrong..

Would you mind providing us with credentials for your website and we have a closer look at the settings? For this purpose you should see a protected webform all they way down here in this thread. (it asks first for "Backup + Legal disclaimer")
Thanks in advance!

November 26, 2013 at 3:20 pm #298314

jadeh

when I try to click on "i agree to the legal disclaimer" I get the disclaimer, but no ok button, only a close button, and the box doesn't stay check when I close the window

November 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm #298319

jadeh

never mind.. got it working.

November 26, 2013 at 6:12 pm #298376

jadeh

well, i got the form working, my site is still not working 😉

November 27, 2013 at 10:41 am #298693

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi Jadeh,

Thanks a lot - I'm currently checking your site..

November 27, 2013 at 11:19 am #298719

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Me again,

I had a look at your website and honestly if I wouldn't know there is a problem I wouldn't notice.

To see the problem I have to go to hidden link and press "Synch" - correct?

November 27, 2013 at 2:32 pm #298844

jadeh

well let me be more specific.

When the browser window is resized, the menu is supposed to shrink, until it gets too small and then turns into a tab with a drop down menu.
On the french menu (french only, english seems to work fine) the "contact" button and the "search" bar are going below the menu when the browser window is resized making it impossible to navigate. This started happening since I got the error code and I can't seem to fix it.

It might not seem like a big deal, but a lot of people who will be visiting the site will be coming from small browser sizes (mostly laptops) and/or iPads, so it would look very non-professional as-is.

November 28, 2013 at 10:10 am #299222

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Jadeh,

I see, thanks a lot!
Actually I minized my Chrome browser window and the menu looks fine to me - see screenshot.
The very same with my Galaxy S2.
I also asked some team members to check it with there mobile devices, same thing, all say it looks fine in both languages.

We then a another check esp. with iPads and noticed then that the search box overlaps the page title.

Could you switch 1x to the WP default theme and see if the problem there persists as well?

November 28, 2013 at 12:47 pm #299359

jadeh

I can't see your screenshot. Could I contact you by email to send you my screenshots?

I switched to the default template as you requested and i have screenshots of that, but it's pretty much a useless test since the menu doesn't respond the same way on the default theme.

I also have screenshots of how the menu responds in english, and how it responds in french.

I use google chrome on a macbook air. I've also checked it on an iPad with the latest iOS. The issue doesn't occur on the iPhone since the menu is already minimized to a "menu" button with drop-down options.

Thank you for your continued support.

November 29, 2013 at 10:57 am #299864

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Jadeh,

Thanks for the feedback - I send you an email a minute ago.

November 29, 2013 at 12:57 pm #299968

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi Jadeh,

Thanks for your email!

Since you mentioned that everything worked until you got this PHP error - would you mind providing us with credentials for your website and we have a closer look at the settings? For this purpose you should see a protected webform all they way down here in this thread. (it asks first for "Backup + Legal disclaimer")
Thanks in advance!

November 29, 2013 at 1:03 pm #299971

jadeh

see below. Thanks.

December 2, 2013 at 2:38 pm #300911

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Jadeh,

Sorry for the unusual delay + thanks for the credentials!

I've added an extra

if (is_array() ){}

for you in file "sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/cache.php - line 44 (marked with //WPML).

Could you check and tell me if this PHP warning has now completely disappeared?

December 2, 2013 at 2:45 pm #300916

jadeh

Hi Andreas!

I understand, it's Thanksgiving after all.

Unfortunately the French menu is still all whacked out. So I tried to delete it again to see if starting with a new one now that you've added some code would fix it.

When I deleted it, I got the error "
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home1/luzsol/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/cache.php on line 57"

When I then synced the menus again, I'm still getting the same issue.

Would it help to deactivate and re-activate the plugin? would I lose all my translated data if I did so?

Thanks so much.

Jade