This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 19, 2019 at 6:10 am #4601611

dawidU

Hello, I've got few questions about getting started with WPML. Once I've installed the plugin I've seen A LOT of posibilities so I got lost a bit.
First of all, translation English to Polish is not bad but still needs to get corrected. We are intrested in Advanced Translation Editor. I can't find how to activate it on our website. Does it need separate plugin? To estimate the cost, how can I check how many words will it use? If words repeat, will I have to multiple word qty?

Also, I don't want translate product names, how to set it? Either the product name should be translated in the product description.

I will for sure have more questions, but for now that's all.
Thanks

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

September 19, 2019 at 6:29 am #4601665

dawidU

Yes, I'm here. And can I preview word qty on my website to estimate the cost?

September 19, 2019 at 6:29 am #4601667

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there, It seems you are disconnected from chat, for continued support i have moved the chat to forum ticket. Please refer to my responses to your quires in the private reply, Let me know if you still need assistance in this case.

Kind regards
Raja

September 19, 2019 at 6:43 am #4601703

dawidU

Can I preview word qty on my website to estimate the cost?

September 19, 2019 at 6:51 am #4601721

dawidU

And I still can't activate the Advanced Translator Editor....
Can I use it aswell for product descriptions?

September 19, 2019 at 7:32 am #4601973

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Word count for each page will be visible in the Advanced translation editor screen.

Alternatively, if you wish to get the word count to calculate the estimates, This can be obtained from WPML > Translation Management dashboard, Once you select the content for transaltion the word count will be automatically displayed at the bottom.

Please refer https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/getting-a-word-count-of-your-wordpress-site/#getting-your-websites-word-count

Regarding your issue with enabling Advanced translation editor, Please provide some more information,
- Do you see any error message?
- please share a screenshot of the issue.
- Do the translation open in WPML editor or in WordPress default editor?

September 19, 2019 at 7:37 am #4602037

dawidU

Okey, I've managed it though I don't see option to add product description toAdvanced Translator Editor. How can I do it?

September 19, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4604547

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Once you choose to translate the site using Advanced Translation Editor All the fields including the custom fields and taxonomies will be sent through the editor for translation.

I am not sure what exactly is the issue here. Are you referring to any custom fields or is it the default product description field in woocomerce products. Could you please provide me the steps you are following. Feel free to add some screenshots so that it is easy for follow along.

The topic ‘[Closed] Getting started’ is closed to new replies.