This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cathexisT 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4108597

cathexisT

Hi Support.

I have been using WPML for a while but this is the first time i have this problem.

I have a multisite and I activated the plugin on one site now, and I was asked to configure it with this error "WPML is missing some records in the languages tables and it cannot fully work until this issue is fixed.
Please go to the Troubleshooting page and click on "Clear language information and repopulate languages" to fix this problem.

This warning will disappear once this issue is fixed."

The error doesnt go away even when i follow the instructions.

After I configured it, I was asked to select media translations. Immediately I began having issue, one of my sites broke and I had to deactivate the plugin to work and the error is still there on the other sites.

Please can I have some assistance as soon as possible.

Thank you
Laurika

June 28, 2019 at 7:52 pm #4110095

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This problem usually happens when languages are not created correctly by WPML.

Usually, just by clicking the "Clear language information and repopulate languages" button (in the screenshot you posted), this should be fixed. Following these steps, does the problem still persist?

Thank you.

July 1, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4119367

cathexisT

Hi Bruno

When I "Clear language information and repopulate languages" nothing happens.

Regards
Laurika

July 2, 2019 at 9:57 pm #4130173

Bruno
Supporter

Hi Laurika,

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

July 13, 2019 at 12:32 am #4201913

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I saw the problem you're reporting. In the case of this site, WPML seems to have not yet been installed. I installed and configured WPML with two languages (English and French) and it worked correctly.

At the top of the site, however, the message is still displayed. This does not seem, however, to be the problem. This seems to be a false-positive because the message inside the Support page to reset the languages is no longer being displayed.

Please, could I install the Adminer plugin on your site so I can check the database? Also, when I try to access your FTP, this message is displayed:

Status:	Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Status:	Retrieving directory listing of "/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins"...
Command:	CWD /httpdocs/wp-content/plugins
Response:	250 CWD command successful
Command:	TYPE I
Response:	200 Type set to I
Command:	PORT 192,168,1,110,131,103
Response:	200 PORT command successful
Command:	MLSD
Error:	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:	Failed to retrieve directory listing

This seems like the credentials are correct, but the port may not be or your server does not allow external access because the files are not being listed. Please, could you check?

Thank you.

July 15, 2019 at 7:32 am #4207839

cathexisT

Hi Bruno

Did you see the problem on the Cathexis site as well?

You can download the plugin and the port number is 21

Regards

July 16, 2019 at 2:54 am #4215357

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

I fixed the problem. I believe this has been fixed on all websites. On the default site, though, it seems like I do not have access. When I try to access it, the page is redirected to "training.cathexisvideo.com".

Please, could you check if your website is working properly?

Thank you.

July 16, 2019 at 6:42 am #4216659

cathexisT

Hi Bruno
Thank you, the websites seem to be working fine, however when I activate the plugin in my downloads website the menu bar disappears.

hidden link

The picture is attached.

Thank you

July 17, 2019 at 12:06 am #4224513

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to hear that it now works. As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

July 17, 2019 at 6:03 am #4226029

cathexisT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!