This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 4:19 am #3927647

ashaP

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to get my site translated into Spanish. I've been struggling with WPML since purchasing nearly a year ago. I recently reinstalled it, but I'm still having issues. I sent a few posts and pages for translation. The posts are working but the pages are not. I am also not sure if I have the urls set up correctly. And I get this error message if I ever go back into a page or post that has been translated and I cannot edit anything on the page.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've tried all the suggestions on the WPML site. I have the correct code in .htaccess I'm just not sure what's going on.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I attached a screen shot of the warning message.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 31, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3930735

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Would you please elaborate more on The posts are working but the pages are not.? Do you mean translations are not working, or that the error in the screenshot is triggered only for pages?

Can you also disable all plugins Except WPML plugins and test again if the error in the screenshot is shown. If no, please reactivate your plugins 1-by-1 to detect which one causes this conflict.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

May 31, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3932159

ashaP

Ok so I deactivated all my plugins and then I activated WPML and then I was getting a 500 internal server error. So I activated my SSL plugins and the 500 error was fixed. Then I started adding each plugin back on starting with Yoast and then WP fastest cache. I was still having problems getting my translated content to show up on the front end. However, I wasn't getting that warning message. I activated Easy Slide-Ins plugin and the warning messages started again. Then I deactivated the Easy Slide-Ins but now I'm getting the 500 internal server error again. I am stuck.

May 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm #3932287

ashaP

I just activated all my plugins and the 500 error is fixed. Now I deactivated the Easy Slide Ins and am not getting the warning message. However, still there is a problem getting the pages to show all the translated content. This page is an example: hidden link

June 3, 2019 at 10:31 am #3941559

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Please allow me temporary access to your backend, I would like to see this error closely.
The private box is activated to share credentials safely.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 10, 2019 at 9:23 am #3986203

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your access. I tested with a new page(draft page) and I was able to translate the page through the Advanced Translation Editor.
- English: hidden link
- Spanish: hidden link

I suspect that the pages that were not translated are probably using Global Divi modules. The global Divi modules should be translated too. See the following article.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-divi-global-items

Can you also activate PHP debugging, it may spot errors that will help us understand the real issue. http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Please translate the Divi global modules and try again with the erroneous pages.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 10, 2019 at 9:22 pm #3990471

ashaP

Ok I've activated the PHP debugging with display. I am not using any global modules as far as I know. I'm wondering if I have an error in my url setup. I'm confused about what's best to do. I think different languages per directory would be better. But it is not working even after I follow the instructions about making sure that WP enables rewriting. I also see something in the documentation about adding the code: SecFilterEngine Off but I don't know where to put that.

June 11, 2019 at 10:18 am #3994083

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

I am trying to access your website but I get a 521 Error. See the attached image.
If you have FTP or cPanel access, can you share the debug.log file from /wp-content/, I activated our private box to safely share it.

Can you also tell us which hosting provider are you using? Which web server (Apache or nginx)?

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Getting WPML to function properly’ is closed to new replies.