Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 33 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
April 23, 2021 at 11:35 am

dosvisual.com

Global element not showing translated

April 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
April 26, 2021 at 7:34 am #8620451

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I will be taking over this ticket and checking your issue.

I can see the issue is with Avada's global element "but-edicio-2020-cat" not translating correctly. I have tried to check the issue, but I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I can see on the pages mentioned, it works fine and shows translated version:

- hidden link
- hidden link

Can you please check and let me know if you still have an issue and need my help? Please also be sure to share with me a link where I can see the issue and what goes wrong.

Thank you,
Drazen

April 26, 2021 at 9:17 am #8622041

dosvisual.com

Hello Drazen
Thanks for your reply.

I mentioned to the chat supporter that I would start applying manual fixes because i did not know how long it would take you to sort this out (the problem has been there for more than 8 months and was supposed to be fixed with the updates).

So both portfolio pages you mentioned and a couple more, do not have a global element button anymore, I had to create a normal button and translate it every time :/

A) I will leave this portfolio page unmodified for you to debug > hidden link

or

B) I´ve made a duplicator copy of the website with the bug (it has also other bugs with portfolio links translation -open in another ticket- and another global elements, like the "Més seccions" menu on the right column of this page> hidden link )

Please let me know what you prefer.
Thanks

April 26, 2021 at 12:09 pm #8624403

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back to me and explaining the issue. I am afraid the ticket was opened in the English forum, while you had conversations with my colleague in Spanish.

Okay, let's debug your current state and current issue only.

I have tried to check the issue on the page you shared and on the new test page and I can see it works fine on both. I have added a global element at bottom of the page and then clicked to translate. The Shortcode of the global element shows in the Translation editor and I can add translated global element shortcode and it shows fine on the frontend.

Test new portfolio: hidden link

Shared portfolio: hidden link

I am not sure I understand the issue here and what is wrong, maybe I am missing something. Maybe you can share with me steps or video on how to see the issue and what goes wrong.

Thank you,
Drazen

Screenshot_2.jpg
April 26, 2021 at 1:33 pm #8625643

dosvisual.com

Hello Drazen
The bug occurs on the already existing content. Can you please check the issue on the existing portfolios? please do that on the one I pointed out before, for e.g.
Thank you

April 26, 2021 at 2:30 pm #8626703

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I think you have not understand my reply, I have tried on the one you provided and I can see it translated fine as explained, please check my previous reply.

You have added the button manually and translated manually on that portfolio, so I have done next:

- Added global element but-edicio-2020-cat to portfolio hidden link
- Save and translate
- Shows up fine in the translation editor and shows fine on the translated page.

Please check the video:
- hidden link

I am missing something or not understanding correctly issue here?

Please check and provide step-by-step instructions on how can I check the issue and on which page.

Thank you,
Drazen

April 26, 2021 at 3:05 pm #8627285

dosvisual.com

Hello Drazen
Thanks for your message.

It´s good news you´ve added the global button on a NEW container and that the shortcode is now showing up in the editor.
The difference between your procedure and mine is that you created a <new container> with the global element. The problem seems to keep on occurring with the OLD content.

On this same page> hidden link
I´ve just replaced the previous button (that was inside the original column) with the global button ---> the shortcode does not show up on the translation editor and it´s not translated on the front end of ESP nor ENG.

3-cestlamour-ESP-replaced-old-button-for-global-not-translated.png
1-cestlamour-CAT-replaced-old-button-for-global.png
April 26, 2021 at 3:07 pm #8627337

dosvisual.com

the english translation

2-cestlamour-ENG-replaced-old-button-for-global-not-translated.png
April 27, 2021 at 7:51 am #8631259

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back and sharing an informative reply.

I have checked and could see the issue.

I have now shared this info and ticket with ut 2nd tier support to check and advise, will update you soon.

Thanks,
Drazen

April 27, 2021 at 12:02 pm #8634311

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I have checked with our 2nd tier and compatibility developers, it seems the way global elements are being translated, is not expected and causing an issue.

The translated global element should appear on the frontend automatically. You shouldn't be seeing the global element shortcode and translating it on each page.

I can also reproduce the same behavior on the clean sandbox, and confirmed this is a bug.

This bug is now escalated to our Compatibility team and they will be checking it further. We believe fixing this, and making global element translation workflow to be correct and as excepted and explained in our documentation, should also fix the issue you are experiencing on your website.

I will update you as soon as I have some news.

Kind regards,
Drazen

April 27, 2021 at 1:21 pm #8635357

dosvisual.com

Hello Drazen
Thanks for the update.

"We believe fixing this, and making global element translation workflow to be correct and as excepted and explained in our documentation, should also fix the issue you are experiencing on your website."

Sorry I do not understand this very well, can you clarify please? Is there anything I should do until a fix to the bug is found?

Thanks

April 27, 2021 at 2:01 pm #8635885

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

no need to do anything, for now, we are checking the issue and then I will check if this fixes your problem too.

If not I will continue with the process and escalate your website issue separately to our developers.

Just please leave credentials the same, so I can access and take Duplicator copy if needed for debugging.

I will update you soon as I have some news or updates on the next step.

Thanks,
Drazen

April 27, 2021 at 2:30 pm #8636329

dosvisual.com

Ah ok!
Don´t worry, i won´t change the access. I´m working on the website at the moment, but won´t touch the old portfolios until you tell me so, ok?
Thank you

April 28, 2021 at 7:27 am #8641197

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Sounds good.

Thank you for understanding.

I will update you as soon as I have some news.

Thanks,
Drazen