This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 20, 2018 at 9:52 am #2751658

Sven Trautwein

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We are just translating the pages after another - is there a possibility to get the users to a global page that says : under construction, if no translation exists?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?www.transcultura.de

September 21, 2018 at 7:13 am #2754104

Sven Trautwein

furthermore - the menu and everything got messed up. It worked for two days. Looking at the page today the links from the menu refer to English which it should not because standrad language is German. Still the flags are in the user menu but I clicked "hide" in wpml.
And after resetting wpml the menu links still refer to English translations which we do not want to show at the moment.
How can I deativate WPML for the moment so that the site ist correctly running again in German?
thx for your help

September 21, 2018 at 9:12 am #2754516

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I took a look at your site and see that you are using SeoRocket theme. Unfortunately, we do not have this theme listed as certified compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

I also cannot verify if the language switcher being used in the top bar is one that is created by WPML or if it is one created by your theme.

Currently, I can see that the EN and FR language options are connecting to a "under construction" page. With the WPML native language switchers, the language icons woudl not appear if the language was hidden.

So, can you please tell me how you have integrated the language switcher into your top bar?
If this is a theme-integrated language switcher, you might have to ask these questions to your theme support.

Another quick way to test the functionality is to add a footer language switcher to your theme here and compare the bahavoiurs between the switcher in the top bar and the footer:

WPML -> Languages ->Footer language switcher -> Show language switcher in footer

September 21, 2018 at 9:21 am #2754530

Sven Trautwein

Hi Yvette

thx for your reply. Unfortunately WPML did not work correctly when we looked up the page today. So I deactivated the WPML flags and integrated them manually to let our customers now that there are some features to be fixed.

As stated here hidden link it should be compatible with WPML - otherwise we have to look up another solution and contact the theme creator.

What I do not understand is: after installing the new version of WPML, all plugins are actual, it worked fine. Two days later the menus, menu structure etc got messed up. If you could help me with hat I should be grateful.

Regards

Sven

September 21, 2018 at 9:59 am #2754799

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hmmm

When things sometimes work and sometimes don´t...it usually indicates a problem related to the server

I just checked your server settings and I can see that you are running MySQL 5.5 The minimum level you need for WPML is MySQL 5.6
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

This is especially important if you are using innodb tables. The recommended level for WordPress is also 5.6 (see image)

To start troubleshooting this situation, please talk to your hosting provide to upgrade your MySQL.
Then, if you are still having issues, please create a staging site on the same server so we can troubleshoot without bothering your live site.

You can use the Duplicator plugin to easily do this.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Global Site for untranslated pages and posts’ is closed to new replies.