This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 27, 2019 at 2:24 pm

trimorS

I am trying to: Get my Site regularly fetched by Google

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: A well crawled site

Instead, I got: The site itself is working but I get a google 404 code if I want to fetch my site. I literally tried everything but I do not know what the problem is. Google simply is saying that the site is noch foundable or is not existing and (for sure and as you can see) the site is existing. See: hidden link

I already checked out if there is a robots.txt or something which caused the bug, but that seems all fine. PLEASE, help me.. WPML is causing this problem (deactivated all plugins step by step and all seems fine without WPML).

January 29, 2019 at 11:47 am #3139509

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. My apologies for the late reply.

I think this is a weird issue, i tested the site using this tool hidden link and it is scraped correctly. I suspect there is some plugin causing this 404 redirect/error.

Can you please deactivate plugins that may cause this issue and check again in google console. I suspect this plugins, but if you can test by deactivating all plugins, that would be good.
- WPS Hide Login
- Yoast SEO
- Redirection
- Simple 301 Redirects
If this helps, reactivate plugins one-by-one to check which one is causing this issue.
If it does not help, we will need to check by deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default theme.

Please let me know what you get.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 29, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3139662

trimorS

Hi,

yeah it suddenly gets crawled fine now and I don't know why.. I thought you guys did something? So you didn't? That is weird. Could you check if everything runs fine now? I don't see any issues any more though.

January 29, 2019 at 1:01 pm #3139816

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Actually i did not do anything, i checked WordPress settings, and checked installe plugins, this kind of issues often came from conflicts between plugins.

I guess the only way to check is through Google Console, and you will need to register it, so i am not able to check that.

You can reply on the ticket if you see any errors on Google Console. Let me know and i will be glad to help.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support